Military Brides
Options

Military Protocol--Help!

i have a question (s). my fiance went through basic and all of that and now is a cadet in the Army ROTC and does not commission until the year after our wedding.

I would love to incorporate some military aspects (such as him wearing his class A's--he has the green ones still i don't think he gets his dress blues til later?) into the ceremony and reception. but if we get married at a non-military location can he wear his uniform? and if he does wear it what other things are required by military rules? The more I think about it the more I would love for him to wear his uniform if possible. I would hate to not follow protocol and i want to recognize the military's influence on our lives together. any suggestions?

Re: Military Protocol--Help!

• Options
    AggieGirl2009AggieGirl2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement!

Feel free for your fiance to wear his uniform at your wedding, whether it is on a military installation or not.  He can wear dress greens or the Army Service Uniform (dress blues).  Since the Army is transitioning to the ASU as the standard dress uniform, he will eventually have to buy them (more than likely for his commissioning).  As an officer candidate, he will have to buy them himself and then be reimbursed for them when he gets his first paycheck as an officer.  As far as I know, all officers get a one-time (not annual) uniform stipend.

Since your wedding is before his commissioning, he will need to wear cadet rank.  This might affect whether he can wear the stripes on his coat sleeves (that is, the branch stripes on an officer's coat), but I am not sure.  He should ask the instructor of his military science class for information. The Army uniform regulation (AR 670-1) is not very clear when it comes to cadet uniforms.  GL!!!
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

Yes, he can wear his uniform at a non military venue!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    luderi51luderi51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! that helped so much. I am so proud of him and want to incorporate it into our wedding and i want to make sure it is done right! good luck to you too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations !(:

Yes he can wear his uniforms , & he will be able to wear dress blues , just it will affect what is on them by his rank !
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards