Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding Ceremony Script Ideas

Hi Knotties -

A good friend of ours is going to be our officiant and I'm looking at options for a a light hearted script for the ceremony that we can start from and tweak as necessary.  Has anyone used anything they LOVE?   I thought I'd be more creative at this stage, but it's not coming to me!

Thanks!
Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!

Re: Wedding Ceremony Script Ideas

• Options
    I'm not helpful, but I'm in the same boat.  Our officiant gave us a huge "menu" style packet to choose our opening, vows, ring exchange, etc. and I'm stressing out all of a sudden.  I just emailed him to see if we can work something more personal into it.  I guess this is one of the downsides to not having someone who knows you well marry you.

I did do some googling and found a lot of samples of ceremonies, I just didn't find much that I liked, sorry!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!  Once we make some decisions I'll share what we decide for another potential option for you.  Our friend is going to draft an intro, and I also know I want to use the reading called Union by Robert Fulghum as it perfectly describes our relationship and journey thus far.   I obviously don't know your relationship, but check it out!
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    Our officiant is a friend who will get special permission for the day.  So, for the ceremony, we went online and eHow had a lot of suggestions for what to put together.  Me and fiance picked what we liked, then just sent to our friend.  The only thing he'll need to really put together are his part of the ceremony which we've requested words of wisdom and how to stay married over the long term.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards