Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Now what?

Ceremony site has been booked for Sept 2013 -- it's an old mansion that was convered into an art gallery. It's on 20+ acres so we're probably going to have the ceremony outside in the sculpture garden. If it rains, there is an indoor pavillion we could use.

Now that it's booked, what do I do now? Should I ask the event coordinator there what the next steps are? I'm confused.

Re: Now what?

• Options
    Do you have a caterer?    A florist?  Do you need to rent any tables, linens, or flatware?   DJ or band?
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Do you have an officiant to perform the ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, reception is at another site so the only things I need for the ceremony are: musicians, officiant, decorations.

I guess I'm just confused as to how to tie everything together. Do I have to run ideas/vendors by the ceremony site coordinator? I'm not hiring a wedding planner so I guess I have to be the middle man between everyone?
  • Options
    With your ceremony over a year away, there isn't a whole lot you need to do right now (other than finding an officiant). At some point you will need to get a list of rules for the site (ie no open flames, items that are permitted to toss, any decorating rules, etc). 

Check your contract about vendors-some places might require you to use their preferrred vendors. Find out when the site coordinator needs your final details for the setup, applification needs, etc. But most likely that won't be until 30-60 days before the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards