Military Brides

Army formal uniform

Will my DF where his green Class A's in the wedding? I asked him and he said yes, but I just wanted to double check I don't know if there are different formal uniforms or if that is the only one. Thanks!

Re: Army formal uniform

• edited December 2011
    Yes he can wear his Class A's. THe other option would be Dress Blues (newer and will eventually take the place of Class As). The Army doesnt issue Dress BLues unless its an initial issue for new Soldiers so if he wants them he will have to purchase them himself (which is what the Clothing allowance is for that he receives on his yearly anniversary of being in the service). This uniform, after the alterations and medals can cost on average up to $800-$900. My advice is to stick with the Class A's he already has
    BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Unless he really wants to buy the dress uniform, class As will look great. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    DF had to buy his Dress Blues for school and that is what he will be wearing for the wedding. Plus I'm just not a fan of the greens. 
  • luderi51luderi51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if the groom wears his class a's and the ceremony/reception take place at a civilian location are there any other things required by military rules for us to do? could we have a standard "civilian" ceremony and reception with the exception being the groom wears class a's? and would other service members be required to wear their uniforms?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_army-formal-uniform?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:6650b69b-1bcc-48da-b855-e656e205d5fePost:a3443bea-f1ab-4026-8e2a-815781f8574c">Re: Army formal uniform</a>:
    [QUOTE]if the groom wears his class a's and the ceremony/reception take place at a civilian location are there any other things required by military rules for us to do? could we have a standard "civilian" ceremony and reception with the exception being the groom wears class a's? and would other service members be required to wear their uniforms?
    Posted by luderi51[/QUOTE]

The only thing he will have to be in complience with is AR 670-1 for the wear of his uniform. As for what he or your guests or your bridal party wears YOU decide that. If you want them in their uniforms then ask them to wear their uniform . The Army isnt going to dictate what your wedding looks like.

• edited December 2011
    not sure what you mean by "standard civillian ceremony" bc a marraige is a civil matter and  not something the military takes part in. For example, if you were to get a divorce the military doesnt have lawyers to hire bc marraige is a civil matter.

• luderi51luderi51 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just mean a regular ceremony, not with any other military aspects. 

and thank you, i just really don't want to do it wrong that's all
  • edited December 2011
    If at all possible, try t oget a set of ASUs. The Army is doing away withthe old greens. The ASUs are MUCH more attractive, especially for a formal setting. Imagine how much more crisp a deep navy blue will look against your beautiful gown. Plus, its less likekly to clash with your desired colors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards