Military Brides

Just Engaged! Now What?!?!

Hello to All!
I just got engaged on December 18th. My Fiance is a 2LT in the United States Army. He is currently in training until March we have been told that he is deploying therefore we are planning to get married when he gets back from his deployement. This makes things difficult seeing as I do not know when he will be back just an informal date. 

My question is should I start planning on 3-4 months from the date they have told us he will be back? Or should I wait until he gets back to plan? He wants to get married as soon as he gets back seeing that we have been long distance for a while. 

I know that I need to start booking venues in the late summer if we are getting married next year. Any suggestions? Anything I should start planning now? 

Congrats to All!! And thank you in advanced for any feedback!  

Re: Just Engaged! Now What?!?!

• hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First, if that's your real name you should change it. Lots of these grisl are google queens and can ind out all sorts of information about you. It's a security/safety/OPSEC thing.
    Second, I  personally would wait to pick a date and/or start planning when he gets back from his deployment. My FI has not been deployed so, I don't have personal experience but I can imagine he would want some down time before his wedding. If you really want to get married ASAP, maybe do a JOP or plan a smaller wedding?
  • edited December 2011

Wait til he gets back and you have a more solid time line for when he will be home for a decent amount of time.  We moved from Seattle to NY the day my fiance got back from a deployment and that was incredibly hard for him not having any down time.  wedding planning and having family and friends in town for a wedding can be alot to take in when they are just back to reality.  Have a wedding when it works for both of you and you can each enjoy every bit of it the best you can.  I have been with my fiance for almost 6 years and waited to get engaged until he had a shore command where we could enjoy planning our wedding and the wedding and honeymoon.  Of course this is just my opinion and people have their own reasons for doing what they want so really think about what is best for you and HAVE FUN!!
      the security thing.... I think things will be ok.

• edited December 2011
    i think emf9903 is right make sure it what yall want. and you cant go wrong
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards