Military Brides

New, Need help.

Okay so I'm not yet engaged. He says he is waiting for the right time. And I'm okay with that. But he won't even talk to his parents about it. He's not in the Military yet, but he's going to boot camp Feb. 22, then to MCT then job traning and he just  won't have the time after he gets back from boot. Any suggestions? Please help.
I love my(soon to be) Marine

Re: New, Need help.

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If he wants to talk to his parents, he'll find time.

Why exactly do you want him to talk to them about it? It's his decision. And you say he won't have time, how long does that conversation take unless his family doesn't like you. It'd be mom, dad, I'm going to ask (insert name here) to marry me. The end....I'm not quite sure what you are upset about....

Let him figure things out the way he wants. You can't force him into talking to his parents about marrying you if he's not quite ready to ask you yet.

OR maybe he has already talked to his parents, and has a plan and will ask you, but you don't need to know.

When he's ready, he's ready.

It might be better for him to go through boot camp and stuff and figure out what he's doing with the Marines and such.

Don't rush it. Just wait and relax.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    How old are you guys? Dependent on that, I'd say wait a while. Military marriages are difficult, and most junior enlisted Marines (or other junior enlisted SMs) are not prepared to be married. There's a reason so many of them fail, and it's not because they didn't love their wives enough.

ETA: You're 17. You don't need to be married, you don't need to be thinking about getting married. Slow down.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards