Military Brides

FI's leave for the wedding finally approved!

My FI just told me the news! He was approved for leave for the whole month of March!!! This makes me feel so relieved! I can now start planning our honeymoon in Italy! Another plus is 4 of his shipmate buddies have also been approved for leave to come to our wedding!! Yay!! This makes me so happy!

Re: FI's leave for the wedding finally approved!

• byoung0520byoung0520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yayyy!!!  I'm sure that's a HUGE stress off your shoulders ;o)  I was just asking my FI if his leave for the honeymoon was approved for yet...he says he's good but I know I would be bonkers if it was a no-go...

Best wishes!!
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yes!! it's definitely a huge stress off.. now i can really plan everything freely without having to worry about him not being able to take leave or anything! this makes me feel so happy! lol and i hope all goes well for you and your fiance too!! just keep your fingers crossed!!! thats what i did!!

thanks!
  • byoung0520byoung0520 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your welcome and thank you!!
  • edited December 2011
    Is he deployed? Because if he is, I cannot express my jealousy... My soldier is in Afghanistan and I know he would NEVER be allowed to take leave just to get married. So I just had to ask if he was actually deployed or what the situation was because your man AND his friends got permission for leave, and that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Also, congratulations :)
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_fis-leave-wedding-finally-approved?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:9772151b-afc7-4fe5-a56a-776b047bb471Post:bcb602df-49a8-4481-ac82-588d16d1bac5">Re: FI's leave for the wedding finally approved!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is he deployed? Because if he is, I cannot express my jealousy... My soldier is in Afghanistan and I know he would NEVER be allowed to take leave just to get married. So I just had to ask if he was actually deployed or what the situation was because your man AND his friends got permission for leave, and that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Also, congratulations :)
    Posted by tenniscutie1208[/QUOTE]

Hi! And also thanks! And sorry you feel jealous. My FI is in the navy and he is currently deployed right now. So for our wedding, they won't be underway. Their ship will be in port. It was very nice that they all got approved for their leave since they all do the same jobs and have the same shifts. This has been a big weight on our shoulders too, cus our original wedding date was supposed to be back in August, but their deployment schedule had some changes so we had to move the date to March. But I'm glad that everything is turning out great so far!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh! Okay!! Mine is in the Army, so that definitely makes a difference!

Congratulations again, and I hope he stays safe :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards