Military Brides

I <3 the Air Force!

Not only is my FI doing his Cross Country Flight and landing in MN -20mins from me. But the AF also gave them Mon and Tues off next week. So He is coming home as well. So I get to see him Wes. Night and this Wknd. Awesome surprise!

My heart goes out to all you ladies who have a FI overseas. Everytime I think about how hard our distance is. I thank God and remember it could be worse. He could be deployed. I pray all your SO stay safe! Just wanted to share my good news. We usually only avg. seeing each other like 4xs a yr and we already hit that so its looking like we will make it all the way to 6. Haha. Oh the Military life. All my friends think I'm nuts. :)

Re: I <3 the Air Force!

• edited December 2011

Have you considered taking the ticker or ceremony location out of your signature block?  Anyone can Google that cathedral's address and show up on your wedding date, and your face is in your signature block too, so any creepo would know exactly who they're looking for...in case the giant white dress doesn't give you away. 

Now's a perfect time for you to learn about OPSEC and PERSEC.  You've give the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and WHERE.  Any creep can find you.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • edited December 2011
    MrsOjoButtons : Really?.. Did you even read my post?
    To answer your question - No I had not considered it. I get your location suggestion. But I am not going to block out my face. Defeats the point of putting up a picture.

• edited December 2011
    I did, but with this being a public forum and all, I get to respond to whatever I want to respond to.  In this particular case, it was about your stupidity.  In the midst of your reading comprehension FAIL, you misunderstood my suggestion.  I never once said to blur out your face, but to take out your ticker OR the name of the cathedral.

Should I find another way to say it, or do you understand it now?
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • edited December 2011
    MrsOjoButtons: You are right that you can respond with whatever you like. However, it always amazes me how RUDE some of the Ladies are on this board.

Apparently my nice thoughts and prayers are wasted in my Original post.
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to agree with Ojo.  Seriously, for your safety, consider removing the location of your ceremony.  There have been several times when creepers have canceled weddings of girls on this board just because the info was out there and they could do it.  We would hate for that to happen to you. 
    BTW, I'm glad you get to see your FI.  Congratulations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you perceived my message as rude.  Perhaps you're being more sensitve than the situation calls for.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Shan87, how exciting that you get to see your FI.  Days off are precious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I completely agree that you need to either remove the countdown (which gives the date) or the NAME of the ceremony site.  That is time and location, which is enough for someone to figure out who you are and when you're getting married.

For security sake, just delete the name of the church on your title.  Really, that's all you have to do!  And try not to be so rude when people give you advice - becoming a military spouse is an adjustment, and girls who have gone through it before us have a lot of advice and insight that we won't know instinctively.  Listen, learn, and THEN respond.  You'll get a lot more respect that way.

EDIT: And in response to YOUR post, I'm happy for you.  It's always nice to see your loved one.  But the way your post comes off to me is sort of like, "I get to see my guy!  Sucks to be all of you whose guys aren't coming home anytime soon!"  And that's not even directed at me, as I get to see my guy every single day.  I know that's not how you probably intended it, but you've got to be considerate when talking to girls whose loved ones aren't able to just drop in for the weekend, and try not to come off as "rubbing it in".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_3-air-force?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:a8fef23d-54f4-43f5-975f-f2a284a52c65Post:b0e195cb-82fe-4246-895f-64c95912874c">Re: I <3 the Air Force!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did, but with this being a public forum and all, I get to respond to whatever I want to respond to.  In this particular case, <strong>it was about your stupidity</strong>.  In the midst of <strong>your reading comprehension FAI</strong>L, you misunderstood my suggestion.  I never once said to blur out your face, but to take out your ticker OR the name of the cathedral. Should I find another way to say it, or do you understand it now?
    Posted by MrsOjoButtons[/QUOTE]

MrsOjoButton : What Planet are you on that this is not Rude and/or Offensive?

For everyone else and the location - I removed it right after MrsOjoButton commented the first time so Im not sure what you are talking about.

<strong>CateMeg -</strong> I understand that the military is an adjustment. I have been with my FI for over 6 yrs and he has been in the AF for 5. I also know that there are plenty of people Military and Non that know more than me and I'm okay with that. What I am not okay with is people immediately jumping the gun and calling me stupid. There is no need for that.
  • edited December 2011
    Hurray for another MN AF bride! My fiance is also in pilot training :) He finishes up in about a month I'm crazy excited!
  • edited December 2011
    Military Bride to Be what AFB is doing Pilot Training? Will you be joining him after he finishes or waiting until after the wedding?
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    As someone who's FI is currently not home (not on full deployment but still not home), I did not take that as "rubbing my nose in it".  She clearly states that they only see each other about 4 times a year.  He's obviously not just dropping in for the weekend, they got lucky that the Air Force happened to send him to where she lives.  This is a major event for her and she wanted to share her excitement with people she thought would understand how she felt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    *mysticl *  & *Ebattani* You have PM!
  • BiMWaTBiMWaT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shan87, YGPM too!
  • edited December 2011
    Back at ya!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Samantha175Samantha175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you get to see your FI.  Time like that is so precious for all of us :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Shan87, I'm an Air Force bride too & I also only get to see FI about 4 times a year. And by the way, my friends think I'm crazy too! lol. I'm so glad for you that you get to see your Airman! What a wonderful surprise! My prayers also go out to all the couples that are dealing with deployment which was definitely a challenge for me. Thanks for sharing, positive news is always encouraging!!!!

I do think this bored is sometimes a little snarky, which is unfortunate since so many military brides turn here for support. I think everyone needs to remember that you can give helpful suggestions / constructive criticism in a nice way....
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I don't in any way see how the OP was in any violation of OPSEC at all. Sure, the location of the cathedral may have been a little too personal and yes, do be aware of creepy stalker people, but geez. Talk about being rude MrsOjo! In no way was that called for. You could have very politely stated that she may want to think about taking out the location of the cathedral due to some creepers cancelling wedding dates/showing up at the wedding. You didn't need to take it that far whatsoever.

As for you seeing your man, I'm very happy for you. MY FI is in the air force too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Didn't post and delete, sorry all!  My previous screen name (catemeg) got banned by some crazy Favors moderator.  She was being a mini dictator, and I told her as much, and I got banned as a vendor.  Crazy, right?

Anyway, I'm glad most of you didn't take offense to it.  I'm just speaking from experience - I've said things like that when my boyfriend was getting done with OCS training and then again when we were long distance (how I missed him, but how I felt bad for women who had their husbands deployed).  Anyway, a few of my friends who are military spouses let me know that there's always someone who has it better and always someone who has it worse.  And sometimes it's best not to complain/celebrate in front of people you don't know very well because someone can always take it the wrong way.  Anyway, that's all I meant by that - simply that it COULD be taken the wrong way.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards