Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Help!!!! Ceremony Location Delima...

We are getting married in Texas in August... fell in love with an outdoor venue.  Our guests can stay inside in the AC until ceremony starts, but should we do a 10 am wedding or 2 pm wedding? We don't expect the ceremony to last longer than about 20 minutes.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help!!!! Ceremony Location Delima...

• Options
    Even 20 mins. in the direct Texas summer heat is a lot, especially if you have elderly guests, children in attendance, or guests who may have medical conditions.  Their chairs will have been setting out in the heat, which would make for a very uncomfortable seat.  Plus, that time outside is enough to make everyone perspire some and look less-than-pristine in photos.  I'd choose 10am, even though that will mean a very early start for you in preparing, and offer guests paper fans and chilled bottled water to have during the ceremony.  The last thing you need is anyone "stealing attention" by passing out!  Best wishes!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Options
    I voted for 10 am. 2 pm in August in Texas for 20 min. and your guests will need a shower afterwards, lol.
    Planning Bio

Our wedding date is November 12, 2011

110 invited 86 accepted! 20 can't make it 4 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 12th, 2011

• Options
    Even just a twenty minute ceremony in the Texas heat is going to be pretty brutal for your guests. If you only have 10 AM and 2 PM available, go with the earlier time. Two o'clock is part of the hottest part of the day. Could you do it a little later? Maybe six or seven in the evening?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm in SA and even 10 minutes outside at 2 pm in August will leave people soaking and gross!! lol I think 10 would work better for comfort reasons but that's a bit early depending on when you're planning on having the reception. 2 might not be so bad if you spring for a tent to make it a little more comfortable. Also, the sun will be so bright at 2 that people will be squinting and probably sunburing~ it takes me about 10 minutes in TX August sun to start getting pinky.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_ceremony-location-delima?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:af2f9a65-2a60-40fb-abcd-220eb10863b9Post:99123302-2a00-46dd-a599-7ba2109b0d99">Re: Help!!!! Ceremony Location Delima...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in SA and even 10 minutes outside at 2 pm in August will leave people soaking and gross!! lol I think 10 would work better for comfort reasons but that's a bit early depending on when you're planning on having the reception. <strong>2 might not be so bad if you spring for a tent to make it a little more comfortable</strong>. Also, the sun will be so bright at 2 that people will be squinting and probably sunburing~ it takes me about 10 minutes in TX August sun to start getting pinky.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

I will ditto this. If possible, go with the 2pm and a tent. Have fans set up, give the guest little hand-held fan programs maybe and have a big cooler of water set up for them.

If that isn't possible I would maybe look into another venue for your comfort and the comfort of your guest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards