Military Brides

Small intimate ways of showing how proud we are :)

MY FI is a CO in the Army, I really want to find a few small cute things into our wedding/reception that is military related. we are only having a few members of his unit at the wedding and NONE of them will be in the wedding party...so only him and one other man will be in Class A's.

What are some small things i can do without making my wedding colors ACU lol

I want this day to be about him too and it would be a great surprise

Re: Small intimate ways of showing how proud we are :)

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't suprise him with it.  It's his wedding too, and he might not want it to look like his day job.  Definitely talk to him about it.

You could do an army garter, though.  That would be hidden, generally speaking. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do engagement photos with him in uniform....

on the programs you could put a special "Thanks to those who serve..." something or other.

But like squirrly said, dont' surprise him with it. He knows you're proud I'm sure. Make sure he wants it too.

Maybe you could do a grooms cake with their seal or something small.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    You could always ask if he wanted his groom's cake to be Army...  That way it would be something for him that represents him.  I agree with the garter idea as well.  Good luck!
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Did you spell Sergeant wrong on purpose in your SN? You don't have a ton of posts, so you can still change your name without really losing anything.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_small-intimate-ways-of-showing-proud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc5b8045-b803-4791-b095-dfef5d76de5cPost:3956a733-4c7e-4e3c-b0a1-ef59f0eef458">Re: Small intimate ways of showing how proud we are :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you spell Sergeant wrong on purpose in your SN? You don't have a ton of posts, so you can still change your name without really losing anything.
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

Yes lol i did. Our German Shepard is named Sarge lol
  • CARLY78CARLY78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like Ginger said, just make the grooms cake an Army cake. Its a small gesture and it's for the groom... I'm having a Marines cake (Originally it was going to be a Cleveland Browns or an OSU cake, but my FI  wanted a military one). we're also giving the Marines the hook up and giving them preferential seating. Other than the sword ceremony that's all we are doing military wise...
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_small-intimate-ways-of-showing-proud?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc5b8045-b803-4791-b095-dfef5d76de5cPost:b2a7ba50-5a53-45f9-a8ae-dad493b2982a">Re: Small intimate ways of showing how proud we are :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Small intimate ways of showing how proud we are :) : Yes lol i did. Our German Shepard is named Sarge lol
    Posted by MrsSargentDisney[/QUOTE]

Oh. I feel much better then.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • shewentwhoashewentwhoa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What my Fiance and I did was incorporate some military colors into the wedding. 

He's in the army, and they have that rope on their arm. Well that is our wedding cake color with white of course. :D and we're getting a wedding cake topper thats army. And because our wedding is some-what formal he's going to wear his class b's
  • edited December 2011
    During our ceremony his sister leading one of the prayers and she is including a section about our troops.

I am also getting an army garter... my bridemaids told me they were getting me camo lingerie for the wedding night but I dont know how serious they are. lol.
  • mizhideemizhidee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have a pendant that is my fiancee's unit crest that I wear every day so I'm having the florist attach it to my bouquet.  You could do something like that if you have any jewelry he's given you that has special meaning for the two of you.  Other than that suggestion I'd say go with an Army garter- your guests should get a kick out of it. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards