Military Brides
Options

colors/why-do-some-people-have-to-be-jerks question..

I know there have been 100 posts asking this same question... but my FI is thinking about wearing his Class A's... and I know tons of colors look nice with the dress blues.. BUT the green?  Especially because the colors we had decided on before the uniform decision are hot pink and orange (July 2011 wedding... so we wanted it bright and summer-y).
Do you think it would clash?

I'm really worried about it and him wearing the uniform just because some have said because he's not an officer or anything he shouldnt be wearing them.  Is this true? I'm not at all familiar with the "rules" about anything... I just know it's important to him and will try everything in my power to make this work.  Some "friends" we have are just voicing their unwanted opinions... I just wanted to make sure there was no truth behind them.

thank you so much =]
Anniversary

Re: colors/why-do-some-people-have-to-be-jerks question..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pick the colors YOU WANT for the wedding, don't worry about matching anything to his uniform - it will all look good no matter what you ultimately decide.

I can't help you with the other uniform question, though, so good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know it's like this.

He has earned the name of marine, solider, etc, whatever class. He got through boot and has earned it. Whatever rank he is, he can still wear his uniform. And it does not matter rank, PFC, or NCO or and Officer.

My FI is an NCO and he will be in uniform, and we never had a doubt about that, even when he wasn't.

Do whatever colors you want! A uniform is sort of like black shoes, it goes with everything. There are few colors that actually match that military green color, so don't bother.

Go with your colors and have him wear his uniform. It'll still look great! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Marcia1215Marcia1215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance is an NCO and he is wearing his uniform. He is very proud to be a Marine.  If your fiance wants to wear it then he should. Kaynix is right, your FI earned it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is Army and he got married in his class A's the first time he was married (as a corporal) and will probably wear his dress blues when we get married next year (he's an NCO now).  I don't think you need to stress out about the colors clashing or not matching. He may change his mind about what he wants to wear a few times over the next year like my FI has done!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    curstymaecurstymae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance is wearing his dress blues for our wedding and he is a PFC. He is very proud of what he does and I am more proud of him for that! I cant wait to see him in his uniform on that day! Do what makes you both happy and don't listen to silly people!
  • Options
    aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my fiance FINALLY ordered his dress blues for our wedding (i think he was trying to see how long until i officially had a meltdown that it wasn't ordered yet!). there was some issue with the gold sripe on the trousers for NCO versus just enlisted. He's an E4 and I believe he doesn't hit NCO until E5, so he wasn't able to get the trousers with the gold stripe. Other than that, he was good to go, so I would think you guys should be fine too.

Also, our colors are exactly the same (hot pink & orange), and my fiance is wearing his dress blues and the groomsmen will be in their dress greens. i was worried at first about how all the colors would go together, but i think there's just something about the uniforms that i don't think they'll clash at all. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_colorswhy-people-jerks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc770c72-9aeb-4a68-bba4-feaa81fb5a68Post:68b29657-df6a-42ee-8c36-a013bf43f26f">Re: colors/why-do-some-people-have-to-be-jerks question..</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as I know it's like this. He has earned the name of marine, solider, etc, whatever class. He got through boot and has earned it. Whatever rank he is, he can still wear his uniform. And it does not matter rank, PFC, or NCO or and Officer. My FI is an NCO and he will be in uniform, and we never had a doubt about that, even when he wasn't. Do whatever colors you want! A uniform is sort of like black shoes, it goes with everything. There are few colors that actually match that military green color, so don't bother. Go with your colors and have him wear his uniform. It'll still look great! :)
    Posted by kaynix21[/QUOTE]

Everything Kaynix said...your FI is serving our country, which is something that should be honored whether he is an officer or enlisted.  He certainly has earned the right to wear his uniform! 
    "This is the most extraordinary thing about motherhood - finding a piece of yourself separate and apart that all the same you could not live without." ? Jodi Picoult Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI is an NCO in the Army and he is wearing his Class A's for our wedding this month.  I am feel the same way some of the other ladies do. He has earned the right to wear that uniform. He went through and passed boot camp at the top of his class and has deployed to Iraq and Afgan.  He deserved to wear his uniform on our wedding day. 

And as for colors go we choose a chocolate theme for our wedding. So our bridesmaids dresses are brown and tan.Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with everyone--he can wear his uniform no matter what rank, etc.  About the colors, it's a uniform..everyone realizes you can't change that.  If it makes you feel any more confident in your decision, I'm having bridesmaids in navy dresses, 2 groomsmen in black tuxes, 2 in army dress, and 1 in AF dress.  So as you can see I have a nice clash of black and navy all over the place!  Don't let the colors dictate what you do--have fun with it :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much. =]

I was pretty sure he could still wear it... there were just some people who have been a little negative about the whole thing, mainly all my jealous friends :( and they've been trying to make it not much fun to plan everything... by saying the military stuff and the "you realize that 95% of military men that go overseas cheat... so... "
    My sister is a little worried about the possibility of bloodshed throughout this whole process. =]

But thank you, thank you.  I'm planning on having TONS of fun with it! And I wont worry about clashing, you are all right.. its a uniform... its to be expected! I just needed some honest outside opinions!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, don't let that get to you.  Men cheat, women cheat, military or not.  Actually, there are a ton of women who cheat on their men while they're deployed, take all their money, and break their hearts when they come back expecting a warm reception.  It goes both ways, and has nothing to do with your situation.

Like everyone said, uniforms are classic.  Bring swatches of colors that match the uniforms and dresses (you can grab paint squares at a hardware store) to your florist - he can incorporate some of the colors into the bouquets, and that should tie everything together!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im in the military (reserves) and my fiance is active army and he is wearing uniform.  My color is pink and I was worried about clashing but the more I thought about it, there is no matching to the uniform like everyone else has said.  If you look at it.. all of the groomsmen are going to have a variety of colors on the ribbons (not each soldier has the same ribbons) so when you go back and look at the pictures it will look great!  Wearing of the uniform is authorized in the regulation.  I was reading about it yesterday because we have a guy that got out of the military years ago and hes going to buy a new uniform so that he wont be the only person not in uniform.  So dont worry about what others are saying! 
  • Options
    billman2billman2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_colorswhy-people-jerks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc770c72-9aeb-4a68-bba4-feaa81fb5a68Post:68b29657-df6a-42ee-8c36-a013bf43f26f">Re: colors/why-do-some-people-have-to-be-jerks question..</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as I know it's like this. He has earned the name of marine, solider, etc, whatever class. He got through boot and has earned it. Whatever rank he is, he can still wear his uniform. And it does not matter rank, PFC, or NCO or and Officer.
    Posted by kaynix21[/QUOTE]

Could not agree more.  My father is retired LTC in the Army and 3 of my 4 brothers are officers in various branches and all of them felt pretty strongly that my Hubby should wear his uniform(should he choose) even though he was not an officer. I don't think my husband ever even considered not wearing it.  He worked hard to earn the uniform and is proud to wear it.  If he can wear his blues to a funeral, a ball, or someone else's wedding, than why not his own??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    AR 670-1 States that the "Class A"  Army Green Service Uniform is acceptable for informal social functions in addition to daily duties conversly, the Army Blue Uniform is for formal functions. (ask your FI)

My FI is an Army Warrant Officer and says that Greens are a no-go. Have your fiance invest in some dress blues, he can wear them for the rest of his career and they'll look great at your wedding. The Army times recently ran an article about how the greens are now the official uniform in non-field environments. Your wedding day isn't a duty day, dress blues!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_colorswhy-people-jerks-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:dc770c72-9aeb-4a68-bba4-feaa81fb5a68Post:3c7de73d-fdb2-4496-9a9c-4ea7828b2fd5">colors/why-do-some-people-have-to-be-jerks question..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know there have been 100 posts asking this same question... but my FI is thinking about wearing his Class A's... and I know tons of colors look nice with the dress blues.. BUT the green?  Especially because the colors we had decided on before the uniform decision are <strong>hot pink</strong> and orange (July 2011 wedding... so we wanted it bright and summer-y). Do you think it would clash? I'm really worried about it and him wearing the uniform just because some have said because he's not an officer or anything he shouldnt be wearing them.  Is this true? I'm not at all familiar with the "rules" about anything... I just know it's important to him and will try everything in my power to make this work.  Some "friends" we have are just voicing their unwanted opinions... I just wanted to make sure there was no truth behind them. thank you so much =]
    Posted by brittyree123[/QUOTE]

Hot pink DOES go with the Class A's. That was the color of my dress when we went to the deployment ball and it was awesome.

Your FI can also get the NEW dress Blues instead of the greens as by 2014 that is what he will have to have anyways.

<a href="http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,174185,00.html">http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,174185,00.html</a>

Megan =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not true.  Enlisted, depending on rank are allowed to wear dress blues.  Dress greens are about to be obsolete soon and blues are replacing them..Go for it, my fiance's wearing his blues for our wedding in June..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards