Military Brides

colors

my FI wants to wear his blues which is all fine and good only problem is i have no idea what colors i want  cause i want it all to match any suggestions?

Re: colors

• hegrigsbyhegrigsby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any color will look good, blues don't need to match. The Military Newlyweds board on thenest has a really cool section on military weddings. I think it's under the FAQ page.
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Black and white could be good, depending on what branch and what type of dress uniform it is.

We're doing red and blue (it helps that it's 4th of july weekend)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    For the Military Newlywed FAQ, just click the button in my siggy. :)
    Any colors will go. A lot of military dress uniforms, don't even match themselves, so it's hard to match them.
    ETA: I forgot my siggy doesn't carry over from TN anymore. Give me a minute.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is wearing his blues but not all his GM's are in so they are wearing blues and tuxedos. My BM's are wearing a floor length brown dress with black lace and then since it is a fall theme/ colors they each have a different colored shoulder cover in colors that the leaves turn in the fall.
  • edited December 2011
    i think yellow could look really nice with AF blues. But MC blues, I'd go with red as well. It just looks clean and sharp
  • MollertonMollerton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Navy is a neutral so any color will work.  I would look at the details on the uniform for inspiration if you really want it all to go together.  The CG has gold and navy details on the white jacket.  Or use navy as an accent color and use another bright/bold color to compliment it.  The navy accent in the dresses (or accessories) will tie it all together.  
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:ed3eb51a-29c2-4a24-bc3d-99766303ddc6Post:89e01e41-9e57-4ee5-ba3f-50616c8a36c9">Re: colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think yellow could look really nice with AF blues. But MC blues, I'd go with red as well. It just looks clean and sharp
    Posted by rachkohl[/QUOTE]

One of the girls on MN had yellow BM dresses with MC blues. It looked awesome, matched the rank yellow without being super matchy. I believe there are pics on the FAQ page.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you need to try to match the uniform colors.  Go with what you like best.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    Mine are going to be blue, and pink.. with some champagne/ivory accents..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is in the MC, as well as all of his groomsmen. Since I'm not too fond of the royal blue and red theme I have my bridesmaids wearing black dresses to coordinate with the groomsmens' jackets. I'm also thinking of doing pink/coral and ivory as my colors, I think the black dresses will keep those colors from clashing with the uniforms. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards