Military Brides

The Army has alraedy interfered..ha

My fiance and I are going to see our venue tomorrow, if we love it as much as we think we will we were going to do a deposit to secure March.

well, my fiance comes home and informs me he'll be at Camp atterbury for 2 weeks in March, boo! So, we've agreed on April 2nd, 2011.

I'll keep you informed on if we pick a date tomorrow!

By the way, I am Lauren! I look forward to getting to know some of you other brides involved with someone in the military!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The Army has alraedy interfered..ha

• edited December 2011
    Hi! Hope the date works well.

Ask about getting a military clause when you book, that way you can keep the venue and just change the date if necessary and not lose your deposit.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend who announced her 1st wedding day as "##/##/## if the Army cooperates".  The Army didn't, he was deployed for their wedding day.  I think they finally pulled it off on the 3rd attempt. 

I am not 100% sure my Sailor will make the wedding, he's promised me as much as he can.  So I'm adopting the philosophy that as long as the 2 of us and an officiant are there we are good.  Everything else is icing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • momocobabemomocobabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad my fiance's on recruiting right now.  The beauties of a temporary desk job.  But I guess I shouldn't count my chickens...
  • edited December 2011
    I can relate completely - we had to change our wedding date 3 times because of the army! We finally eloped while he was on leave, and we are planning a big wedding in January for our friends and family! Good luck and I wish you the best :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • caitlinm9caitlinm9 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!

Mine is currently in training until the end of November which is when he'll arrive at his "home base" for the time being. He called ahead to find out the deployment schedule, but they deploy by unit and he hasn't been assinged to one yet :-P. They said he could find out anytime between October and when he arrives. I'm learning that the army "motto" of hurry up and wait doesn't only apply to the soliders....  

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!!!
  • GrizzGrlGrizzGrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Army will interfere with plenty of things, not only your wedding. If you can, try to leave the location as the last detail. Try to plan for a time of year with in a month or two is as specific as it gets until the last 3 months of planning, even then something can happen. My FI is in a special forces unit and is about to leave for ranger training so his schedule is unpredictable and it doesn't help that I'm still stationed in South Korea.  So if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
  • edited December 2011
    This probably won't be the last time his Army career affects your life...I have a Navy buddy who missed the birth of both of his kids because of the War on Terroism.....he was deployed early on the first one and 5 months after he came back from the first one they decided to deploy him again while his wife was 2 months along with their second child! Go navy! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards