Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Meeting to decide the ceremony stuff tomorrow

So we're having the meeting with the pastor performing our wedding ceremony tomorrow morning and I was wondering if anyone else had/was having issues figuring out what you wanted said during the ceremony and the order of the ceremony?  Like, do you have people doing readings or anything like that?  

The only thing I know right now is the wording for the sand ceremony but I don't know when to do it, though I've been told just before the vows/rings.  I have a few readings I like but not sure if the pastor should say them or if I should ask someone....and if I ask someone, who I should ask......sigh.  Too much to figure out.  I know our pastor will help with all of it, but I would like to go into the meeting with a clue, ya know!?  Any help or suggestions on things would be helpful.  

Re: Meeting to decide the ceremony stuff tomorrow

• Options
    Usually your pastor/officiant does not do the readings, you and your fiance can ask friends or family members to be part of the ceremony by performing a reading.

Here's the order we used, to give you an example... you could put your sand ceremony in where we had the song. :)

Processional

Suite No. 1, Prelude ……………..………. Yo-Yo Ma

by J. S. Bach

Bride’s Entrance

Simple Gifts ………………………..…….……. Kevin Roth

by Aaron Copland

Officiant’s Welcome ……………………..…… Officiant

Reading

Oh, the Places You’ll Go! ….. Groom’s cousin

by Dr. Seuss

Declaration of Intent to Marry and Vows

Song