West Virginia

State Capitol

Hi girls,I am still in search of a ceremony site. Does anyone know the contact information for ceremonies at the State Capitol? I have heard they only charge you for set up and clean up. Does anyone know if you can have the wedding outside there?TIA!

Re: State Capitol

• edited December 2011
    I've heard of people having pictures taken there, but I've never seen anyone have their wedding there.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, they do have weddings there and for pretty cheap too.  They do it to provide a service for people who live in West Virginia.  I can't remember how I got the number.  I think I got it off of the capital website and they just transferred me.  They book up quick so that is something to think about.  Im not sure about outside though
  • edited December 2011
    Hi there, they definitely do weddings. I'm getting married inside the Capitol Rotunda in October. My family arranged everything since I'm not local, but I will get the number and post it to you. DP
  • hollieheidihollieheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, My dad got married there back in the 80's and my only advice is not to get married by the fountain in front.  We couldn't hear anything for the water and even in the video you can't make out the vows at all.  It's beautiful but I would go for the steps or inside.  Pictures by the fountain were great, but again...for the ceremony...too noisy.
  • edited December 2011
    Dennis Stewart is the name of the man you need to talk to.  He is in the General Services Department.  He is sometimes hard to get a hold of so you have to be tenacious.  His number there is 304-558-4590.But it is a beautiful place.  We are getting married in the rotunda upstairs in front of the House of Delegates doors in November.  We are paying around $600 but that includes everything and that is for 150-200 people.  We are having our reception at a different location because they don't allow alcohol there, but again I think it's a great choice for the ceremony :)  Good luck!  Let me know if you have any more questions :)
  • ashleyghashleygh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ashley when you say $600 includes everything could you expand on that? I'm also trying to plan a ceremony and reception for 150/200 people. Thanks a bunch!
  • edited December 2011
    Does that 600 include the chairs and such?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards