Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Creative Ceremony Reading!!!

Hey ladies,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the vision I have for one of my ceremony readings....I've read posts from girls who have used "Oh the Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss as a reading. I am an elementary teacher and love kids' books, so I thought that was super cute. However, I read the words and don't really get a couple/love vibe from that book....

Does anyone have suggestions for another kids' book or poem that I could use for a reading, that couuld be related more to marriage??? Thanks girls! :)
Photobucket Lauren & Kyle 10.16.10 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Creative Ceremony Reading!!!

• I just googled "kids book wedding ceremony readings".

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/wedding-reading-ideas-from-childrens-story-books
    That was one of the first hits.  There are a lot of suggestions in the comments, plus links to other posts, or you could return to google.

HTH.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I've played several weddings where they used "The Velveteen Rabbit".  The part where the skin horse talks to the rabbit about love.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • The Missing Piece Meets the Big O (...yeah, I know, just give it a try!!) by Shel Silverstein. I'm not positive it would work as well without the illustrations, but it's worth a shot.

I know the Dr. Seuss one doesn't talk about love, but it does talk about marriage (in the sense that you're off on a long journey together, etc).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards