Not Engaged Yet
Options

Losing my mind....Christmas too far off

School is dragging by for the last two weeks and I just want to get home to my family and BF's family. This will be the first year we will all be in one place and I am so excited. Plus BF is torturing me about my Christmas present. I am no good at surprises. Good thing he hasn't been able to go pick it up before now or it would be worse. How are you ladies feeling with Christmas coming?
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Losing my mind....Christmas too far off

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    BF and I aren't really in the Christmas mood at this point. I think its because school is stressful right now and we aren't going to spend it together.

I did get a lot of Christmas shopping done today though.

• Options
    fridaysdancefridaysdance member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. We're not buying for people much this year since we can't work our normal jobs during school. I got him a present and made my roommate one. Apparently he got me a nice present, and we're getting his dad something since he actually needs it.
    I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This is the first year I decided to get his family presents. I'm hoping they like what I get them.

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I am excited!  I love Christmas and all the traditions!  I got to decorate the tree at work today all by myself!  I was so happy the entire time!  I sang and sang and sang.  It looked pretty neat when I finished :)  Guess it's my mom coming out in me.  Though the Christmas season won't really start for me till after finals because I just don't have time!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been in ther Christmas spirit since mid November.  I love this time of year.  I actually haven't really begun my shopping yet, I have a day off in about two weeks when I plan to do it all.  I did mail out my SS gift yesterday though.

Anniversary

• Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so ready for Christmas.  I've been in the spirit for a while now too, and I started putting together my SS gift last night.  It's turning out to be amazing.  I'm really excited to send it!!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you on the school thing. I'm dying for these last two weeks to be over. The only problem is I have a massive semester long project due that is stressing me out because there's so much left to do. Other than that I am really looking forward to holidays thi year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MtlBride12MtlBride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited for Christmas, and have all my shopping done - it's even wrapped! But mainly I'm excited that my older sister is getting to go to Africa over Christmas, where she is adopting her daughter! We are so excited for that to happen and it's overshadowing Christmas at this point :D
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really in a rush to have Christmas get here. I feel like the time has been flying by as it is & wish it would slow down to be honest.

I'm just about finished my shopping. I have to get my godson something & my grandmom some k-cups & accessories for the Keurig my aunt got her & then I'm finished. I haven't really ever finished this early before but it feels good!!!

I had planned to decorate this week but just didn't have the time for it. Hopefully next week, I'd like for it to be done before I leave for Miami.

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    The only gift I have bought thus far is for my SS. I hope to decorate my apartment this weekend, but we have a lot going on so I dunno if that'll happen. Plus it is wicked messy and you have to clean up before you put more stuff out. ha

I've been listening to the Christmas music station all week and talking with my ma about Christmas plans. We are trying to see A Christmas Carol at Ford's theater in DC. They do an amazing job and for some reason I love that Christmas story.

It's the most wonderful time of the year. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here are my plans for Christmas:

This is a real sign from a real restaurant and it's really effing funny.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_losing-mindchristmas-far-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00fadaf2-b339-4170-8fa2-25ca7650f9e2Post:a8bbf3ca-accb-43c0-a634-9c0d312132c4">Re: Losing my mind....Christmas too far off</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are my plans for Christmas: This is a real sign from a real restaurant and it's really effing funny.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

<div>Bahahahaha that's fantastic! </div>

• Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_losing-mindchristmas-far-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:00fadaf2-b339-4170-8fa2-25ca7650f9e2Post:a8bbf3ca-accb-43c0-a634-9c0d312132c4">Re: Losing my mind....Christmas too far off</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here are my plans for Christmas: This is a real sign from a real restaurant and it's really effing funny.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

hahah <span class="st"></span>
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Bella, that's AMAZING!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IKR?!

This is going to be FI's first Christmas without his parents - they're going to Portland to visit his sister - so I told him, "This year, we'll have a really Jewish Christmas! Chinese food and a movie!"

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Stina51286Stina51286 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We got our tree last night so I need to decorate it when I get home today. All the other decorations are up. We got FI parents a new TV and gave it to them already so they are done for the next few years as far as gifts go. My parents are done, all I need to do is buy a 5 yr old a gift and a 2 yr old a gift then I am done! Oh and I have to make cookies...

• Options
    wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_losing-mindchristmas-far-off?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:00fadaf2-b339-4170-8fa2-25ca7650f9e2Post:2e8963ee-8c9c-4ad2-90b1-d0105160f5c8">Re: Losing my mind....Christmas too far off</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm not really in a rush to have Christmas get here. I feel like the time has been flying by as it is & wish it would slow down to be honest.</strong> I'm just about finished my shopping. I have to get my godson something & my grandmom some k-cups & accessories for the Keurig my aunt got her & then I'm finished. I haven't really ever finished this early before but it feels good!!! I had planned to decorate this week but just didn't have the time for it. Hopefully next week, I'd like for it to be done before I leave for Miami.
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Amen to the bolded part, I feel exactly the same. This year has gone by SO fast!! I can't beleive it's already December!

I'm almost done with shopping. BF and I are going out this weekend to get things for his nieces and nephews and to find something for our parents (other than the photo books I already made for both sets of parents).

We put up our tree the day after Thanksgiving and decorated inside that weekend too. I think we are going to put lights up this weekend. I love decorating!

I just want the next couple weeks to go by slowly!

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Christmas season came out of nowhere this year.  Obviously that had a lot to do with our wedding, but it still came up faster than I thought it would.  We got married, went on our HM, and then all of a sudden it was Thanksgiving and BAM!  Christmas season.

I'm excited for Christmas this year though, our first as husband and wife :-D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad I'm not in school anymore. Now Christmas doesn't sneak up on me. I really loved decorating the day after Christmas and I'm just trying to savor the season.
    I need to buy a number of presents still.

I booked my flight back out to CA for December 16-19th and I'm SO excited! Andrew and I are going to the Dickens Fair:
    The Cow Palace in SF is transfered into Old London at Christmastime: 

People dress up and it's amazing!!

ETA: Oh- and I get to help chop down my very first christmas tree this Sunday! How fun is that?!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so excited! We bought our tree on Tuesday and it's set up in our living room with no decorations on it :( when BF comes home from work on Tuesday we're decorating it quickly before bed! We fly down for my family christmas dec 7th- dec 12th! Since Father is in the hospital Mother is stressed so me and my sister have taken over and are going to do all the cleaning, decorating, and cooking for our big Family Christmas on the Saturday! 

As for buying presents I'm almost finished! I bought BF a new guitar today and I'm really excited about it, I'm working on a cat quilt for my sister (she's the biggest crazy cat lady I know), we got my mom a Keurig coffee maker, and the Blackberry Playbook I ordered for BF's brother and GF just came in! We still have absolutely no idea what to get for BF's parents, and my dad is put on hold since he can't go to the hockey game we planned to take him to. I'm starting to sew Christmas Onesis for me, BF, my sister, and cousin to wear for a slumber party after family christmas lol. And the last most exciting part is sewing a hideous Christmas dress for me and a Vest for BF so we can take our Christmas picture and get cards sent out ASAP! I love Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards