Not Engaged Yet
Options

Darn Doctors

I just get myself mentally prepared for this stupid test I have to take tomorrow and then they call me and tell me the machine is broken and I have to wait until the end of the month. Grr. I just want to get it over with and pee like normal people again. Is that so much to ask? : (

Lol, I'm whiney today. I want to go play outside.
-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Darn Doctors

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    :(

Sorry.  Stupid doctors.
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *hugs*  That sucks I am so sorry!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, that's not cool :(

I'm really delaying going to the dentist (because I keep forgetting to make the appt, really) and the dermatologist (because he wants me to come back when I'm ready to start accutane and I want ANOTHER TREATMENT, dangit.  I'm bitter, but that stuff is dangerous).  But derm, I hurt.  I am almost at the point where I'll be visiting you for painkillers, which is horrible.  I hate painkillers.

I'm special. 

I hope your doctors get their act together so you can pee normally again!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

That one is actually the closest and it's already an hour away from me. I'm ok with waiting I guess; I've dealt with it this long, but I'm really nervous about this one because it involves catheters and all other kinds of awkward, possibly painful tests, so I was prepping for it and now I have to wait and do it all over again. It's probably not a big deal, but it's still frustrating.

I know my mom is going to tell me to not tell my boss and just take the extra time off, but I need sleep and I will just meet her at the bridal shop after work. At least now I don't have to worry about any leaking or anything as I try on wedding dresses, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_darn-doctors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:02003ee0-0dde-4ea9-b758-1aaddea4c8daPost:528e05ba-1507-4433-8874-7fd95278c830">Re: Darn Doctors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, that's not cool :( I'm really delaying going to the dentist (because I keep forgetting to make the appt, really) and the dermatologist (because he wants me to come back when I'm ready to start accutane and I want ANOTHER TREATMENT, dangit.  I'm bitter, but that stuff is dangerous).  But derm, I hurt.  I am almost at the point where I'll be visiting you for painkillers, which is horrible.  I hate painkillers. I'm special. <strong> I hope your doctors get their act together so you can pee normally again!</strong>
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

I always put off appointments like that if I have to make them. I need to get to the dentist, but I hate them. I hate all doctors really, lol. I am going to have to go though because I want to get them all pretty for the wedding. That gives me a few more months to procrastinate!

And thanks, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I did take a look at the x-rays from the other doctor appt. I had. I can see my belly ring and my IUD, lol. It's so weird. But I got to see my bladder with the dye stuff and then again after I went to the bathroom. I wish I knew what it was supposed to look like.
    -Ely

• Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_darn-doctors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:02003ee0-0dde-4ea9-b758-1aaddea4c8daPost:72d51f21-8951-43f4-b32e-ddb16ef8eb4c">Re: Darn Doctors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darn Doctors : I always put off appointments like that if I have to make them. I need to get to the dentist, but I hate them. I hate all doctors really, lol. I am going to have to go though because I want to get them all pretty for the wedding. That gives me a few more months to procrastinate! And thanks, lol.
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

Dentists are the only doctors I am not horrified of.  This makes NO SENSE because I'm well...horrified of needles, and dentists can still give them to me (except I don't let them).  If you were even close to a bridezilla, I'd totally recommend going all bridezilla on your doctors.

What would they SAY if you said "but I need to be able to pee normally before my WEDDING!"

I'm just saying.

:)  Good luck with your doctors - I know they can be SO frustrating.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_darn-doctors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:02003ee0-0dde-4ea9-b758-1aaddea4c8daPost:321441db-1ab9-4d3c-affa-646fc597e109">Re: Darn Doctors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Darn Doctors : Dentists are the only doctors I am not horrified of.  This makes NO SENSE because I'm well...horrified of needles, and dentists can still give them to me (except I don't let them).  If you were even close to a bridezilla, <strong>I'd totally recommend going all bridezilla on your doctors. What would they SAY if you said "but I need to be able to pee normally before my WEDDING!"</strong> I'm just saying. :)  Good luck with your doctors - I know they can be SO frustrating.
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, that would be hilarious for me to do something like that because it's so not me. I am not demanding at all...at least I don't think so, lol. Who knows though, if it keeps up, I might have to get a little pushy, lol. Wedding dresses are hard enough to get on and off, I don't even want to imagine trying to go to the bathroom in one, lol. So I do NOT want to be doing that every half hour.
    -Ely

• Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Eh, it's not really the doctor's fault that the machine is broken. We've had huge chunks of time where our scan facilities are unable to scan our patients and they have to be shuffled to other imaging facilities because of a part malfunctioning in the machine. The parts for imaging machines are insanely hard to come by, so if something goes wrong, you're pretty FUBAR for at least a couple of weeks. I know that our machines are European, so we have to order the parts from overseas and it takes quite a bit.

Sorry you have to wait though :/.

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *HUGS* I'm sorry you are delaing with this , I can really relate with things being put off , i'm dealing with my own anger with doctors curently forcing me to change location all together. I hope your day gets better.
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_darn-doctors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:02003ee0-0dde-4ea9-b758-1aaddea4c8daPost:eb404288-c44b-45ef-9a0f-91668c983ec8">Re: Darn Doctors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, it's not really the doctor's fault that the machine is broken. We've had huge chunks of time where our scan facilities are unable to scan our patients and they have to be shuffled to other imaging facilities because of a part malfunctioning in the machine. The parts for imaging machines are insanely hard to come by, so if something goes wrong, you're pretty FUBAR for at least a couple of weeks. I know that our machines are European, so we have to order the parts from overseas and it takes quite a bit. Sorry you have to wait though :/.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's true. I guess they didn't purposefully break the machine so I couldn't use it, lol. Ok, I take it back. I'm not mad at the doctors. I'm just mad at the machine. I just don't like rescheduling and it seems like I have had to do that because the secretary wrote the wrong day or my insurance isn't going to cover that date or whatever. I'd rather just be fixed and be done.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_darn-doctors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:02003ee0-0dde-4ea9-b758-1aaddea4c8daPost:9da97636-0c6e-4b8e-8bc4-995175deecac">Re: Darn Doctors</a>:
    [QUOTE]*HUGS* I'm sorry you are delaing with this , I can really relate with things being put off , i'm dealing with my own anger with doctors curently forcing me to change location all together. I hope your day gets better.
    Posted by tafft1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can be kind of impatient sometimes. This time I'm just frustrated because I was nervous about what they were actually doing. It's like prepping yourself to go to the gyno and then they tell you that you don't have to go. Or worse when they bump you up. I need a mental process to prepare for that too, lol.

I'm super shy, so things like this are huge for me. FI was teasing me last night and was asking if I was going to look terrified in our wedding pictures because apparently I look terrified in any picture that isn't taken by him because I have to pose for someone and get attention, lol. He also likes to tease me about how on our first date he thought I was either crazy or I wasn't who he was meeting because I refused to look at him, lol. I'm not half as bad as I used to be either. Poor guy, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im sorry. hugs!

Anniversary

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Huge hugs, I'm sorry!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies! : ) I'm feeling better today about everything. I just tend to have a build up of things and yesterday was a day for it I guess. FI and I got out of the apartment and went to Applebees for dinner and got drinks and even dessert too, so that helped, lol.
    -Ely

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards