Not Engaged Yet

Okkkk...I guess I'll post.

So I've been creeping on The Knot for A LONG time. I've been to 18 weddings in my adult life (only two of those as a BM, both times as MOH in fact), which many people my age seem to think is nothing short of crazy, and every one has fueled my addiction to weddings more. I love everything about weddings and am semi-planning my own.* I signed up for the site as Press (since I am a journalist) to further satisfy my cravings and was planning to do so incognito until I found the NEY board. "Well, heck," I thought to myself, "now I guess I can, like, talk to people." So, hi.

*"Semi-planning my own": I've been in a long-distance relationship with a terrific guy from my old church in St. Louis for about seven months. (St. Louis is our hometown; I'm now working and attending grad school 120 miles west of St. Louis -- NOT Kansas City, as my profile wants you to believe.) We're pretty serious -- my family adores him, we're doing Thanksgiving with each other's families (aside: two dinners = I should have packed looser pants), and we're planning to move together wherever I can land a job after I finish grad school this May (the news industry doesn't exactly offer the best job market these days). More to the point of this board, we've talked quite a bit about marriage, our hopes for spending a life together, and our ideas for celebrating the beginning of that life together. We won't be getting engaged anytime soon (I told him we need to at least be living in the same city for a while first, and neither of us is satisfied with our finances right now), but it's fun to dream. I have a sort of computerized scrapbook in OneNote with my/our ideas. :)

I don't really have any questions or pithy thoughts to share; I just wanted to introduce myself so nobody is wondering "Who's THIS kid?" if/when I start writing. Besides, I got the sense some people were wondering where all the non-engaged girls were. Well, here's one. Nice to meet everyone. :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Re: Okkkk...I guess I'll post.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_okkkki-guess-should-post?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:05afa29e-a8c8-4798-b550-8cbe2c90bc27Post:f813a188-09b7-44f9-88ec-a1d3b58d104d">Okkkk...I guess I'll post.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I've been creeping on The Knot for A LONG time. I've been to 18 weddings in my adult life (only two of those as a BM, both times as MOH in fact), which many people my age seem to think is nothing short of crazy, and every one has fueled my addiction to weddings more. I love everything about weddings and am semi-planning my own.* I signed up for the site as Press (since I am a journalist) to further satisfy my cravings and was planning to do so incognito until I found the NEY board. "Well, heck," I thought to myself, "now I guess I can, like, talk to people." So, hi. *"Semi-planning my own": I've been in a long-distance relationship with a terrific guy from my old church in St. Louis for about seven months. (St. Louis is our hometown; I'm now working and attending grad school 120 miles west of St. Louis -- NOT Kansas City, as my profile wants you to believe.) We're pretty serious -- my family adores him, we're doing Thanksgiving with each other's families (aside: two dinners = I should have packed looser pants), and we're planning to move together wherever I can land a job after I finish grad school this May (the news industry doesn't exactly offer the best job market these days). More to the point of this board, we've talked quite a bit about marriage, our hopes for spending a life together, and our ideas for celebrating the beginning of that life together. We won't be getting engaged anytime soon (I told him we need to at least be living in the same city for a while first, and neither of us is satisfied with our finances right now), but it's fun to dream. I have a sort of computerized scrapbook in OneNote with my/our ideas. :) I don't really have any questions or pithy thoughts to share; I just wanted to introduce myself so nobody is wondering "Who's THIS kid?" if/when I start writing. Besides, I got the sense some people were wondering where all the non-engaged girls were. Well, here's one. Nice to meet everyone. :)
    Posted by melizabethp[/QUOTE]
    Nice to meet you.  Don't even bother semi-planning, everything will change.  I thought that Fi and I were going to do a destination wedding.  It turns out we can't.  All of this after I researched B & Bs where we were "supposed" to get married.  We even looked at the menu that one offered.  I was all ready to book as soon as he made it official.  Now, I'm starting from scratch.  
  • edited December 2011
    welcome to the board!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome fellow NYE-er!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Goldlie speaks the truth. It will all change. So have a good time with looking at stuff and coming up with ideas, but be prepared to start all over again once it's official and you have dollar signs and guest lists and parents to contend with. Wink

Welcome to the board!
    Anniversary
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!

And yeah we completely re-did our plans since we ended up moving the wedding up by 7 months
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards