Not Engaged Yet

Hello :-)

Hello board :-)

I've been mostly lurking in the months since I've joined, but I could definitely use the outlet, so I decided I'd finally post! My life-long best friend & I decided a few months ago that we're ready to get married Smile. We've been ring-shopping & he's waiting for the *right* time to propose, which is a little tricky since he's overseas in grad-school. In the meantime, we're working out logistics for when I'll move to join him, & working through the rigours of long-distance lovin'.

I'm trying not to bug him with too much wedding talk, he's open to it (he knows I can't stop talking about anything I'm happy about) but I know he's got other things to worry about, & we have more pressing things to spend our talk-time on right now, so maybe you guys can help me release so I don't explode on him too often with rants about colors??

Cool

Re: Hello :-)

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on the impending engagement. Wedding planning is fun when you don't have deadlines, so enjoy it while it lasts.

*gloom and doom, gloom and doom*

But seriously. Nice to meet you. Cool
    Anniversary
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Welcome and congrats! My BF and I are long distance as well and I know how much it sucks.  Of course my flight is only about an hour to see him. International must be more complicated!

• Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.

We were long distance and semi-international too so I know how you feel.  Good luck and welcome!  That's exciting that you might get to spend some time outside the US.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome and feel free to bounce the wedding ideas here!
    imageimageimageimage
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!!  BF and I were long distance for 2 years - so I totally get where you're coming from.

Make sure you read the by-laws Tongue out and welcome!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You say life-long best friend. Which is awesome that the person you are planning on getting married to is your best friend, but since you didn't say boy-friend I'm just curious if you have in fact been in a relationship or if you are going right from being "best-friends" to getting married?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paige: haha, yes indeedy i did. clearly you gals are a well-ordered bunch, which i gleaned from my required pre-posting lurking period! haha...i respect that there's boundaries, i'm sure i'll be fine. since i can't think of a time i disagreed with one of jeana's posts, does that make me instantly awesome? hehe

loopy: funny u shud ask. when i re-read after posting, i wondered if someone would wonder that! technically we are bf-gf now & have been for some time, but the relationship is so much more comfortable & amazingly fulfilling than any other boyfriend i've had, it almost feels like switching to boyfriend as the default term demotes him. but it makes me giggle how cute it sounds when we do refer to each other that way.Wink
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bajedive - Good job! So far you've followed all the rules and you don't seem BSC so I think you might be in! hahaWink

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the clarification. I was just curious as some of my friends have jokingly said that if they aren't married by a certain age they will get married to each other. I don't take this seriously, but you never know there are probably people out there who do just that.

As far as titles my FI doesn't like to use the term FI he thinks its weird, so I'm rarely referred to as such. It ends up being Beyonce, GF or Wife.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's funny u know, loopy - at some point in our early teens, we *did* make that pact! then it was quickly forgotten. yet somehow, here we are anyway. but rest assured, it's because we *actually* fell in love.

& beyonce is hilarious! i'm gonna run that one by him...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards