Not Engaged Yet
Options

Saturday!

Clearly im not the only one on here tonight! What are you fine ladies up too?

Im doing homework and studying so I can hit the slopes on monday! Woot! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Saturday!

• Options
    I'm jalf in the bag when I remembered I actually have a group asignemtn due at midnight. I got out my comptuer and realise there is o way in hell I can get it done at this point. And here I sit. FI and his friends are fully in the bag playing video games and lsitening to old school Blink 182. Its lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Kiki, homework on a Saturday?! Good girl! I am the queen of procrastination, and I can't remember the last time I did homework on a Saturday!

Beads, I think it's probably best that you don't try to do your assignment right now... Although my cold medicine induced stupor makes me really entertained by your typing ability right now. ;)

BF is playing games on his computer, and I just finished failing at making crepes with Nutella. They may have looked like @ss, but they tasted wonderful! Also, I'm realising that sugar was probably not my best option for dinner, since I seem to have an abundance of anxious energy already thanks to cold medicine.
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Beads - I wish I was half in the bag as well, I cant drink on my pain meds from my root canal this week. 

Sop - Haha... There's way more reason to a saturday night homework session. lol. We leave to vegas on the 18th for 5 days and I have assignments due march 20 so I have to get a head or I miss the assignment and I loose an automatic 10% off my final mark which will make my GPA fall below the 4.0 mark than I will be sad... lol Last week I did my homework at 8pm on friday (due by 10pm) handed it in and went to the bar... I do procrastinate as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I guess those are all completely acceptable reasons then. :)

Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Yeah I dont always get a head start... lol 

TK is a nice distraction... lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing ring research to try to figure out which of the two ring options BF and I looked at today we want to go with...

I'm also wasting time until my BF calls me for a ride home (he's out with friends tonight and will be consuming a few wobbly pops so I agreed to be DD, since I didn't hav any plans for the evening).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I was also DD because the BF was out with his friends as well!

Figure out any ring stuff?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well we've settled on a style:  BIRKS BLUE® Classic Collection, Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring, in 18kt White Gold
    I've always loved the little sapphire accent! Especially since it's my birthstone, and blue is my favourite colour. I'm still torn as to where I want to get the ring from and BF isn't helpful at all. He says as long as we're within his budget, it is up to me where we get the ring from. Sometimes I almost wish I hadn't said anything about wanting a say in the ring! Oh well, too late now. BF's budget is more than generous enough that I can get the ring that I want. It's just a matter now as to if we want it from Birks (where I originally found the ring) or from an independent jeweller.

We still have time to decide though, the salesperson at Birks was going to see what they have in their national stock since they didn't have a diamond that really appealed to us in stock at the store. She was going to e-mail BF some prices and stats on some diamonds this weekend, and we'd go from there with them. The jeweller also didn't have a diamond for us in stock, so he was going to see what he could find, have it brought in and then we'd decide after we see the diamond.

It was really eye opening when he was showing us some loose diamonds he had in stock, how much of a difference the colour could make! And how little difference the clarity makes, at least when you're looking at diamonds with inclusions not visible to the naked eye. He showed us a VVS1 diamond next to a SI1 diamond, couldn't tell the difference, he won't sell anything below SI1 though, so he didn't have anything to show us lower than the SI1. Then he showed us a diamond that was F colour next to one that was I and both BF and I noticed a difference. He didn't tell us which was which with both examples and we both guessed right with the colour, I guessed right with the clarity, but more by fluke. BF guessed wrong. The jeweller was a litte gruff (like I explained in my post about e-ring shopping), but he did tell us a lot of stuff I didn't know and what he said did make sense (especially in terms of the clarity of the ring, I'm not so hung up on getting a more clear diamond now like I was).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Very pretty! Love the accent of the birth stone. Hmmm well at least you learned some things about diamonds!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards