Not Engaged Yet
Options

Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell...

I can't concentrate for sh!t today. The usual 15 people in the office is down to 9 and there will be even less tomorrow. My shops are going slow because it's so close to the holiday and I can't seem to stay off the damn interwebs. I also keep getting up from my desk to go eat the awesome delicious cornbread that someone brought in.

Ass-ahoy.

How're your days going?

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell...

• Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I just came on here to basically start the exact same thread. I have four emails that could use my immediate attention, but I can't seem to get myself to start on any of them. #FAIL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Same. I can't concentrate at all because I have holiday-squee-itis so bad. It doesn't help that my boss seems to be in the same mood and keeps distracting me with chatter every time I actually start being productive. Ah, well!
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, me too. It really sucks. I think I might beg to work from home tomorrow. I cannot focus to save my life.

• Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Work Just put in a starbucks coffee machine by my desk, I think there are several people who want to avoid work here as there is a line of people by my desk distracting me.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cantfocuswhatthehell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0afbde30-2fe8-49a3-b45b-e77a96d351acPost:5107832b-b2dd-4ccb-a85b-395f9a5b3ef5">Re: Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Work Just put in a starbucks coffee machine by my desk, I think there are several people who want to avoid work here as there is a line of people by my desk distracting me.
    Posted by meamolly[/QUOTE]

<div>What is a starbucks coffee machine?</div><div>
    </div><div>I may peace out of here shortly...call my boss and ask if we can work on a project from home.  He's not in today anyways.  There's a woman here who is driving me BSC.  Seriously.</div>
    I french with my man
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is so rainy and dreary here today that I just want to go take a nap on the couch in our conference room... To top it off I am the only person in the office today. I've had a grand total of 3 phone calls, 0 emails, and 1 person (our plant lady) popped in to say she came by.

5 o'clock... get here now!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cantfocuswhatthehell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0afbde30-2fe8-49a3-b45b-e77a96d351acPost:1153ca42-67d0-4de7-ab2b-73149a827baa">Re: Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell... : What is a starbucks coffee machine? I may peace out of here shortly...call my boss and ask if we can work on a project from home.  He's not in today anyways.  There's a woman here who is driving me BSC.  Seriously.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

It one cup brews starbucks coffee and coco.
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually feeling motivated today! I have seen all but one of my patients for the day and it's only 1400h! I think for the rest of the day I'm going to clean the house, finish the curtains for the basement, maybe christmas shopping, work on my latest quilt, do some baking with bananas, and if I'm feeling really motivated go to the gym!

I think the fact that it's not a holiday week makes it just like every other day. If I knew there was a fun exciting holiday coming up in just a couple days I would likely be sitting in my pj's hoping for the day to just end faster. 
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm playing games on my iPad & staring at the clock, willing it to say 4:30. Or 4:20. Or even 4:15. 

I took off work tomorrow but I have to come in on Friday for a "half" day -- the equivalent to most people's whole days -- 6:30am - 2pm which is totally sucksville.

I'm getting really excited for turkey & such though!!!!!

I'm making these tomorrow to bring to Thankgsiving: 

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also can't concentrate. I'm still wiped from my trip to Colorado--and then coming home and backing 2 carrot pies (they're divine, I swear!) a white chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, and a chocolate cake. Today is the baby shower for my coworkers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_cantfocuswhatthehell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0afbde30-2fe8-49a3-b45b-e77a96d351acPost:f0c615de-a109-4d0f-9cae-11f54c5d8187">Re: Can't...Focus...What...The...Hell...</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is so rainy and dreary here today that<strong> I just want to go take a nap on the couch in our conference room</strong>... To top it off I am the only person in the office today. I've had a grand total of 3 phone calls, 0 emails, and 1 person (our plant lady) popped in to say she came by. 5 o'clock... get here now!!!!
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

My kid of gal.

There is a huge comfy couch in the very back of the office and it's kind of dark in that area and it looks like the prefect place to nap OH GOD NOW I WANT A NAP.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    meamollymeamolly member
    edited December 2011
    Dozed off in my chair just now. HATE being sick since the medication makes me sleepy. Stuffed up nose and scratchy throat or falling asleep....
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm here, and will be tomorrow and Friday...isn't that enough?!

I'm working, and getting things done, but not at an alarming rate.  It is 3pm here and it is dark outside, like 6pm in the winter dark!  I just want to go home and snuggle up under a blanket! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    CRAZY BUSY. The clinic is closed for Thanksgiving and Black Friday, so we've had to cram all of our patients into Monday through Friday. I haven't been off of the phone all day with the crazy phone calls we're getting! AHHHH!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we had our work Thanksgiving lunch at Golden Corral (eep) and so now we're all ina coma.

only 1.5 hours left, and then I'm off until next Tuesday!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards