Not Engaged Yet
Options

Freaking Out!

I keep seeing that ticker at the bottom of my posts counting down to my graduation and it's freaking me out! This semester has gone by so fast and I feel like I still have a ton of projects and papers to do. With Thanksgiving break factored in I only have 2 weeks of classes and finals week left.

I am really really regretting taking 18 credits this semester. I failed my last mummies test and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be able to pull up my grade enough to pass. :/ This semester has been filled with panic attacks and they just get worse (and more frequent) as it gets closer to the end!

I'm also regretting choosing to go Idaho for Thanksgiving break. I'm excited to see my friends and family but I really need the time to catch up on homework. And I have to move right after the end of the semester. Ugh...stressed seems like an understatement for how I feel!

I really needed to get all of that out...although it didn't help as much as I thought it would.

Re: Freaking Out!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beth, I'm sorry that you're feeling stressed! I find that when I have tons of stuff to do and am getting really freaked out about it that I really can't think as clearly and am way less productive. Meditation or exercise really helps me get rid of that nervous energy and helps me focus. I'll be thinking about you!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel you on the whole regretting holidays thing... I have so much to do, but I'm officially driving 7 hours to go spend two days with the boyfriend's family.  Yikes!  And I really do have a crap ton of homework to be doing!

But you definitely need to regroup so you can focus and attack what has to be done. Take some homework with you back to Idaho (your family & friends should understand) but also take some time to destress so you can make it through the last little bit. Also, if you can afford to, take some time off of work.
  • Options
    DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Deep breaths. You'll be okay. I'm sure the rest of this year will be a whirlwind, but I have no doubt you can do it. Is there any way you can study in idaho while you are on Thanksgiving break. I know it can be hard to pull yourself away from friends and family, but maybe if you take a few hours out of each day and head to the Library (I always had to physically remove myself from my family for them not to be a distraction), or if the Library is closed for the holidays a Barnes and Noble/Starbucks to just get out and do some work? That could help you feel like you aren't neglecting your studies, but you can still see and hang out with friends and family before and after you study. 

I know it's discouraging when you fail a test and it totally messes with your mind in terms of grades, but tackling one thing at a time helps me. When I think about everything I have to do at once, it can freak me out. But if I just look at the list, allot an amount of time to each task, then just take it one at a time, without skipping ahead, and resisting the urge to work on everything at once, it really helps. And checking things off always made me feel better. Even if you don't get through everything on the list, at least you'll have done the things at the top, and you'll have less overall work to do. I'd always rather have 3 out of 5 things totally complete as opposed to having a little bit of 5 things done. KWIM?

I hope these next few weeks go by okay for you. You can do it! 
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes we need a little break to get back going strong and getting things done. I understand though. Just this weekend I went home, and I'm regretting that because I have SOOO much to get done this week... But, it was such a needed break.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You take a class on mummies?  That sounds kinda amazing.

I agree with the PPs though, take everything one step at a time, and see what you can do to do a little schoolwork over the break.  You can do it!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    *hugs*  You can do it!!  I took 19 units two semesters ago and I thought I was going to die around mid terms and finals week so you can do it!  Try not to look at the whole picture, just take it one step at a time and make sure you give yourself breaks!  *hugs* 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards