Not Engaged Yet

Let Me See Your Blog...

Hey Ladies! I want to see your Blogs! I'm considering starting a new blog, but I haven't decided what I want to blog about yet. Probably cooking, but then I think home decorating and DIY would be fun too.

I don't care what your blog is about - but if you've got one, post it here! WR (like mine in my siggy), cooking, make-up (Shoes), Home (Liv - is yours back on again?)...just post it. I'm in need of some inspiration.

Also, If you have a great site that you love to use, i'd love to hear. I've used Weebly in the past, but I think i'm ready for a change...

Re: Let Me See Your Blog...

• I don't currently have a blog but my BIL uses wordpress for his travel blog and he really likes it.  If you want to take a link, let me know.  I'd post it here, but I think it has a lot of personal info on it.
    Anniversary
  • LaSak - I'd love to see your BIL's blog, if you're OK with sharing it. You can PM me...or I can send you my email if that's better.

Jen - Veronika seriously is the cutest pregnant woman ever! I love all of her maternity outfits. I can't wait to scope out the rest of her blog now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-me-see-your-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c249553-40e0-4527-94dd-0fc34e3ad7f8Post:d3046cad-91ed-4946-aa3e-c4f580c288f1">Re: Let Me See Your Blog...</a>:
    [QUOTE]LaSak - I'd love to see your BIL's blog, if you're OK with sharing it. You can PM me...or I can send you my email if that's better. Jen - Veronika seriously is the cutest pregnant woman ever! I love all of her maternity outfits. I can't wait to scope out the rest of her blog now.
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]
    YGPM :)
    Anniversary
  • Danser, I've bookmarked yours for recipes, yay! I was never good at blogging because I couldn't stick to a theme.
  • http://ravennevermoreevermore.wordpress.com/

There is mine. I haven't written in a while either.  I have been thinking about starting it back up but I am unsure what to write about.  My life is pretty devoid of interest.  

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I always wanted to start a blog.  I would think at this point the "theme" would be being a first time homebuyer and all the crap that goes with it.  Like, where are we going to put our fire pit in the summer?  I wouldn't want to bore the heck out of people though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-me-see-your-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c249553-40e0-4527-94dd-0fc34e3ad7f8Post:5e8ef3a5-a30e-4c3d-bc4c-296658fd9081">Re: Let Me See Your Blog...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always wanted to start a blog.  I would think at this point the "theme" would be being a first time homebuyer and all the crap that goes with it.  Like, where are we going to put our fire pit in the summer?  I wouldn't want to bore the heck out of people though!
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I have a blog but it has absolutely no significance and I have chosen to make it private until I find something special to do with it. It's pretty lame haha. I think once I'm engaged and begin planning and all that, I might use it for that and then transition into different things like buying a home or having kids one day. My cousin has an awesome blog about her babies and it is absolutely hilarious! I haven't looked at it in a while but if I find the link I'll post it on here.
  • I haven't posted since right after Christmas, but I should start posting more regularly soon:

peekaboo2011.blogspot.com

(I'm not fancy enough to have my own domain like Liv)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-me-see-your-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c249553-40e0-4527-94dd-0fc34e3ad7f8Post:5e8ef3a5-a30e-4c3d-bc4c-296658fd9081">Re: Let Me See Your Blog...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always wanted to start a blog.  I would think at this point the "theme" would be being a first time homebuyer and all the crap that goes with it.  Like, where are we going to put our fire pit in the summer?  I wouldn't want to bore the heck out of people though!

My blog is about cooking.  I don't care if people follow me or read it really. It is nice to see some people I know and don't know have found it and subscribed to it.  I mostly keep it for my own posterity, as a way to catalogue new recipes I've tried ( especially since I do one new one a week) and also record my feelings to them.  This way I can go back to a recipe and say oh this was really good, I should do this again, or this was gross, or this is how I can adapt it better for next time.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-me-see-your-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c249553-40e0-4527-94dd-0fc34e3ad7f8Post:5b4c4d54-79aa-4c11-9c57-f3bff9ff12ce">Re: Let Me See Your Blog...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't posted since right after Christmas, but I should start posting more regularly soon: peekaboo2011.blogspot.com (I'm not fancy enough to have my own domain like Liv)
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just thumbed through your blog, you are talented with the sewing machine!  I always wanted to try to sew (I haven't since 5th grade lol) so I give you a lot of credit!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_let-me-see-your-blog?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0c249553-40e0-4527-94dd-0fc34e3ad7f8Post:26770738-5324-416e-ab13-a7c93accfa5f">Re: Let Me See Your Blog...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let Me See Your Blog... : Wow, I just thumbed through your blog, you are talented with the sewing machine!  I always wanted to try to sew (I haven't since 5th grade lol) so I give you a lot of credit!

<div>Thanks!  I'm actually not that great - my seams are pretty much never straight, and my cuts tend to wobble.  But I'm pleased with the progress I've made since I started two years ago. :)</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • hi!
    just being nosy and seeing what you ladies talk about in here even though i'm married and busy getting settled =)  though i'd weigh in on the blog talk!

i started a blog a few years ago, and never really had a strong theme other than 'life happenings'.  i started it as a music blog, and found it too hard to keep up with.  it's sort of morphed into motivational posts, recipes, decorating inspiration, DIY projects, wedding plans.... a little of everything!  OP - this sounds like what yours will turn into =)  you can definitely do it that way, and then categorize your posts under different topic headings...you can even create different pages for your different topics if you want!

its easy for me to post when i know i can post about anything.  i think thats most important. some of you expressed hesitation in starting one. just do it! chances are, you won't be found for a little while so you can get some practice writing/posting. i started out on blogger, liked it, and then recently switched to wordpress, which i like as well.

you can get to my blog through my 'homepage' link below....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards