Not Engaged Yet
Options

We ponied up

...and are providing 2 kegs of beer, and 10 bottles of wine. Remember that post? Yeah, we got over it and are providing for our guests. ;) FI and I decided we wanted our guests to have a good time.

This post is in regards to quantity.  Who has done kegs for a party/wedding? We have 2 ordered for ~95 people (along with 10 bottles of wine) that we are hosting.

I've been told that 2 kegs is way too much by everyone but my coordinator, who won't give me a straight answer. I'm sure she would know best, right? Our thought was that 1 keg wouldn't be enough to last past 7pm, so we ordered two (one Sierra Nevada and one Dos Equis).

In regards to quantity, what are your thoughts on # kegs, plus 10 bottles of wine, to host for ~ 95 people?
www.nurseyk.weebly.com

Re: We ponied up

• Options
    Unless they are REALLY big drinkers, that sounds like plenty.  Have you tried checking the alcohol planner thingy on Evite?  I would link it but I'm at work and the government computers think Evite is evil (apparently) and won't let me on the site.  I just know they have a thing where you can put in how many drinkers, what the event is, types of alcohol, and then it spits out an approximate amount.  I usually go over that a bit if I'm hosting just because I never want to run out but that's also because we have big drinkers usually.  Lemme know if that helps!! 
  • Options
    Well it looks like 165 bottles of 12 ounce beers in a keg.  With 95 people drinking (though maybe not everyone drinks) but if people have 3-4 beers then I think two kegs and 10 bottles of wine would be fine. 
  • Options
    Use this site - clicky
    And this site - clicky
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Cool, thanks!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_we-ponied-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0e3399c3-5229-4e89-931b-da126d3ae237Post:9a32f2fc-98b9-4e42-bf08-3bf1941187fd">Re: We ponied up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well it looks like 165 bottles of 12 ounce beers in a keg.  With 95 people drinking (though maybe not everyone drinks) but if people have 3-4 beers then I think two kegs and 10 bottles of wine would be fine. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

This seems like it should be enough to me?

Some people will have no beer; some will have 6. Should even out, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel like 10 bottles of wine is a bit low. A lot of people will want wine at dinner, and you don't have enough for everyone to have even 1 glass. Kegs you can't return once they're opened, but I'd guess you can return unopened bottles of wine. Regardless, I'd still probably buy at least 10 more bottles, even more if you can do returns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    IMO given the size...plenty of beer, not enough wine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am in the you should have enough beer but not nearly enough wine camp.

I want to say that we had over 100 bottles of wine for our 140 guests.  I do not recall how many cases of beer we had but we sent someone out for more when we started getting low.  We also had hard alcohol... and this was a daytime reception. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards