Not Engaged Yet
Options

Share the Love

So, in honor of my birthday today (and swhite's too!), I thought it would be nice to send some love out to our other NEY-ers on here. Try to pick someone you aren't already close with and tell them why you appreciate having them on the board!

Like peek, I believe that the energy we put into the world is the energy we get back. So share the love today ladies and make some of our new(er) gals feel welcome!

Re: Share the Love

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My shout out goes to Polo1425!

I've always liked your contributions to the board Polo. You are level-headed, polite and always positive and kind towards others on here. I generally read your posts and think "I was thinking the same thing" or "she put into words what I was trying to say".

I looked up your intro post and just had to laugh about how many similarities we actually have! My cat was named Annabelle (in fact, my vet still calls her that), but she was too rambunctious so her name is now Kiki. As of today we're both 28. We've both been with our guys well past the 2-3 year mark. And the big one for me - you've not only read but loved Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah. I read that book about a year ago and it's still on my bookshelf! One of my faves that I just happened to pick up at Costco. How random is that??

Anyway - here's a little shout out to you and your awesomeness today! Glad that you're here and hopefully we can get to know more about each other. I think we'd be instant IRL friends! 
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My shout out goes to becunning2.

I am really impressed by your intelligence. Your posts are fun to read, and then every once in awhlie you throw that Latin zinger in there, and I'm like YEAH! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Allusive and swhite!!! I will have to give this some thought and come back with a good answer :)
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My shout out goes to GPB.

You are sweet, down to earth, level headed and give great advice. You also crack me the eff up.

I went back and re-read your intro post and this part made me smile:

Hates: Olives, spiders, hot weather, throwing up, ignorance, bad spelling/grammar, people who tYpE LiKe DizZz

Pet Peeves: Dense people who don't allow anything to penetrate their thick skulls, white socks with black shoes, unpedicured toes in open-toed shoes, the sound of silverware scraping against pots and pans

I also dispise bad spelling, and most of what you put in here. I think we could be awesome IRL friends if you didn't live in another state :( lol

Allusive, GREAT post idea! :)
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't like this game because it's so hard to just choose 1 person, but I'm gonna go with:  SopChick.

She's always so supportive and offers fresh ideas and a different way of looking at things. Her answers are always very intelligent and well thought out. You can tell that she really cares about the ladies on the board and she just seems like a really cool person in general.
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shout out goes to Shoes.  (Although I'm not typing out your entire s/n.  That's too much effort this early)

I love the way that you respond to posts.  You give great advice, and you have one of the best senses of humor I've ever seen in anyone.  You crack me up like crazy (in fact, I'm pretty sure my parents have side-eyed me while I've been reading some of your posts), and I think you have great taste in shoes, and clothes, and you do beautiful makeup.

And as long as I'm waxing poetic about how awesome you are, I wanted to give you some internet love about the job situation again.  Things are going to get better.  I maintain that I think you're awesome and you're going to be crazy successful with whatever you decide to do.  Any company/office is going to be pretty damn lucky to have you <3
    I french with my man
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:0ee6ebe0-425e-466a-85f2-2eabcd47176b">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shout out goes to becunning2 . I am really impressed by your intelligence. Your posts are fun to read, and then every once in awhlie you throw that Latin zinger in there, and I'm like YEAH! :)
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

<div><3 Can I shout out back at ya? I love how level-headed you are--and you have such elegant tastes!  And even if I haven't commented a lot on all your exercise posts, you look fabulous, and it's helped me with my own motivation for working out. (I have slight muscle dimples in my belly now, squee!)</div>
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's hard to pick just one person--I really appreciate NEY as a group!  

Can I also share the love with Elle?  Every HP reference and "siriusly" makes me smile. :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Share the Love:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to pick just one person--I really appreciate NEY as a group!   Can I also share the love with Elle? Every HP reference and "siriusly" makes me smile. :) 
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

I'm not putting limits on love here people - if you want to send out more, feel free! We'll just make today a "love fest". I'm down with that!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Liv!! This just made me so happy! We're definitely going to have to plan a Boston GTG sometime :-)

My shout out goes to the board as a whole, because I'm still pretty new... I'm probably not going to fill out the whole thing on the other post because I feel like I don't quite know everyone well enough, but you all have been so welcoming. I was nervous jumping in on this forum thing, because I've never been part of one before, and it couldn't have been a better experience so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know each & every one of you better & making some new, awesome friends, both here & IRL :-)

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My shout out goes to Ollie. I'm impressed by your ability to juggle everything in your life and how you still maintain a relationship with your ex and his GF/Wife (I don't remember which) . You are a rock star in the mommy arena! :)

ETA: Happy birthday to Swhite and Allusive! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:cd0cdf25-11d4-449f-8447-39996d723359">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shout out goes to Ollie. I'm impressed by your ability to juggle everything in your life and how you still maintain a relationship with your ex and his GF/Wife (I don't remember which) . You are a rock star in the mommy arena! :) ETA: Happy birthday to Swhite and Allusive! :)
    Posted by CCO2012[/QUOTE]

I have to second all of this!
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    CocoBellaF- Although we aren't terribly close- I think that you are an incredibly kind person. You are thoughtful and sweet.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:63c80f2a-9876-45e4-9115-37aac51a0dc1">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share the Love : <3 Can I shout out back at ya? I love how level-headed you are--and you have such elegant tastes!  And even if I haven't commented a lot on all your exercise posts, you look fabulous, and it's helped me with my own motivation for working out. (I have slight muscle dimples in my belly now, squee!)
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

<div>Aw, thanks! And yay for muscle dimples!!!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also want to do a shout out to Lauren
    Girl, I can't tell you how much I adore you! You and I are hair twins!! :)<3 Your text the other day about having a shot before a midterm... cracked me the eff up and was just what I needed to start my day. I <3 you!!

Tiger:
    Lady, you are full of win. The fact that you made it through the Insanity workouts, *bows before you* good Lord, lady... Is freakin' amazing. :) I love the fact that you are a lady, and a tomboy all in one. Your advice is sound and solid, and you are just awesome :)

Audgie:
    I don't know you that well, but I love your humor. Your comments are great. I absolutely applaud you for the fact you didn't kill your ex in the past situation. You are an amazingly strong woman, and you rock! :)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Ah, great thread, Allusive!  And becunning, you are riddikulus-ly sweet.

It's hard for me to come up with someone I don't feel close to, but I think I'm going to dedicate this love to Irish.  I feel like I don't interact with you as much as I should so I hope you know that I do enjoy reading your posts and I like having you around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh gosh, thanks lunar:)  you beat me to it!  I was going to share some love at you for your positive attitude.  it's easy to let life get you down when things aren't going exactly how you planned, but you always lift my spirits and help me to see the silver lining with your thoughtful posts.

rdr - I'm still so thankful you let me use your coach factory login to buy a purse!  it was so incredibly sweet of you, especially since we didn't really know each other.  I think of you often when I carry it!

Liv - even though you don't feel like it right now, you're so incredibly beautiful!  not only are you physically gorgeous (seriously, I covet your gorgeous hair!!) but you just have the sweetest spirit.  I appreciate your thoughtfulness, especially to Sunbird recently...  it was incredibly kind. 

Elle - I love reading your posts!  and you were so sweet, to try to figure out how to load money onto a Starbucks card for Sunbird...  also, I think the HP font on your STD's was adorable...  DO IT.

happy birthday, swhite & allusive!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:1264c192-67ea-4745-82bb-b203d73c667b">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah, great thread, Allusive!  And becunning, you are riddikulus-ly sweet. It's hard for me to come up with someone I don't feel close to, but I think I'm going to dedicate this love to Irish.   I feel like I don't interact with you as much as I should so I hope you know that I do enjoy reading your posts and I like having you around.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Elle, this literally made me AWWWW at work. I love reading your posts too! :)
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    Awww, thanks Bella.

And Irish, I'm glad I made you "awwww".  

I can't believe I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Allusive and Swhite in my original post.  I am clearly not awake yet.  Even though it's noon here.  Go Elle.

Happy Birthday ladies!!!  How many candles are on each of your cakes?
  • Options
    LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:cb6b305a-fe59-4b77-8f3b-d8a2689447e0">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]My shout-out is to BriSox81 . You like the Red Sox, I like the Red Sox. You dislike rude and condescending people, I dislike rude and condescending people. You have weird family traditions, I have weird family traditions. You're new but it seems like you've been here longer. I like reading your posts and think you seem like a nice, level-headed, funny person, and <strong>someone who I would have a grand ol' time with IRL (probably eating some sort of red meat, drinking a beer, and cheering for the Sox). I'm glad you're on the board! 
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Holy Eff! This sounds like thee most amazing time EVAR! If this ever happens I better be invited or I will shun you!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday Allusive and Swhite! I hope you both have fabulous days!

Thanks for the love Ely, you are always so sweet and seriously inspirational to me! You always have wonderful advice and support to contribute.

All of you ladies are awesome, so I'm sending love out to everyone! I love how honest and supportive this board is. :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday, Allusive and Swhite!

I want to send some love to Lunar -- yes, you make me a little uncomfortable at times with what I perceive as your crunchy granola-ness :), but you're a genuinely NICE person who cares about other people, and you are true to who you are. I like that about you. I am honestly very happy for all the positive things happening for you and Andrew lately and wish you all the best. 

I also want to shout out to Anne for grammer nerdiness and sarcasm.

And to Sousa, for calling me out and being my Aquarius buddy. :)

And Liv, b/c her generosity to others is seriously inspiring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:89023898-40c9-4b32-9f1d-aebcaf03ba4c">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE] Raven, you are wise beyond your years.  I often forget about any age difference between us when I read your posts.  You have a big heart and I'm so excited for you as your plan your wedding and start your marriage with Mr. Raven!
    Posted by polo1425[/QUOTE]
    Aw!  *blushes*  You are so kind :)  I knew I liked you :)  We should be friends :)
    My Shout out goes to :<strong>csous!</strong>
    <p class="MsoNormal">You are so kind and patient even after all the waiting and frustrations you have had to go through.  I commend you :)  I also feel like we should be friends.  Your posts are thoughtful and I feel like you can relate well to others.  :)

And happy birthday White and Allusive!  I hope it is an awesome day!</p>
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:9eb9d828-83ff-43ad-929b-af0c141ab0a9">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww, thanks Bella. And Irish, I'm glad I made you "awwww".   I can't believe I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Allusive and Swhite in my original post.  I am clearly not awake yet.  Even though it's noon here.  Go Elle. Happy Birthday ladies!!!  <strong>How many candles are on each of your cakes?
    </strong>Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

I'm officially up to 28 now. I know that is in no way "old", but I am feeling a little older this year. haha. I think it's because my cousins just graduated from college this past summer and I felt like "What? I just graduated!"...but oh wait - that was like 5 years ago. oops!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to shout out to Mutley. I don't know you very well, and I know you don't know me, and heck, probably don't care that much either way. But that's kind of what I respect about you. I know you've made some really great friendships through this board, but you're not here to be everyone's best friend. You're very honest about that - you like who you like and you don't who you don't - and I admire you for it. I've never felt like you weren't being 100% yourself. So thanks.

Also, shout outs to Desert and CSousa, because I'm an Aquarius too :)
    PhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    happy birthday allusive!

Shout out to Shoes- we haven't really interacted too much, but she has great make up advice.  She is also very honesty and very funny.

Anniversary

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    My shout out is to Lil B Mama. You are fairly new here so I don't know you that well, but you seem pretty awesome. Even with impending engagement and marriage possibilities, you haven't lost sight of the fact that your son is the most important thing right now. You seem to be a great mom. I find your posts sassy and funny, and I enjoy reading them. I'm glad you joined the board and I look forward to hearing more from you!
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Share the Love:
    [QUOTELunar -- yes, you make me a little uncomfortable at times with what I perceive as your crunchy granola-ness :), but you're a genuinely NICE person who cares about other people, and you are true to who you are. I like that about you.  Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Desert! As you probably know, I respect you like mad! I think you give wonderful advice. I was afraid all that drama may have completely changed your opinion of me, but I'm glad it didn't. :)

Hehe...I even took a quiz one time to see how crunchy I am- http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_share-love?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0eb7f9d4-5644-43ed-8e4f-b14e0fb01dabPost:251751ec-7970-4c8c-82ca-21f3cd8e3c44">Re: Share the Love</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share the Love : [QUOTELunar -- yes, you make me a little uncomfortable at times with what I perceive as your crunchy granola-ness :), but you're a genuinely NICE person who cares about other people, and you are true to who you are. I like that about you.  Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE] Thanks, Desert! As you probably know, I respect you like mad! I think you give wonderful advice. I was afraid all that drama may have completely changed your opinion of me, but I'm glad it didn't. :) Hehe...I even took a quiz one time to see how crunchy I am- <a href="http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm" rel="nofollow">http://themoralesfamily.us/granola.htm</a>
    Posted by lunarsongbird[/QUOTE]

Hey, just b/c I might call you out on something doesn't mean I don't like you or think you have value on the board and as a person!

Ask Mutley. I"ve called her on stuff (including being judgy). :)

I think we all need people to call us on stuff sometimes. It builds character, and character matters.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards