Not Engaged Yet
Options

Mild Case of the Mondays

Happy Monday ladies! How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was okay. I had a decent birthday, but not great. And let's face it, I had my hopes up for great. To be fair, the biggest downers were no one's fault. Jon got the cold and fever I had last weekend, so he was sick the whole time and that put a damper on a lot of our plans. Also, I woke up with pink eye the morning of my birthday - that was fun lol. A few little things here and there made me meh, but overall it was a good weekend and I am focusing on that :)

Today I do have a case of the Mondays, however. I have no desire to be here, and I really don't feel like working. Jon is still sick, so I don't know if we will really do anything for Valentine's day tomorrow. Also, we were supposed to go away for a night this coming weekend - I took Monday and Tuesday off to spend some time with Jon (who usually would be laid off from his construction job for the winter) and booked a night for us to go away Sunday into Monday. Well, he never got laid off because his boss loves him so much that he found stuff for him to do, so there is really no point in going to a hotel to have a normal Sunday night and have to check out at 6am the next morning. So I'm pretty bummed that I have to cancel it, even though it's technically for a good reason.

Anyone else having a case of the Mondays?

And to conclude my fairly unwarranted little pity party, I leave you with this.

Re: Mild Case of the Mondays

• Options
    Oh, Cousa! That sucks!! I've never had pink eye, but I imagine it's AWFUL! I too don't think we'll be doing anything for Valentine's Day- Andrew will be working. Andrew will also be working on the 22nd...and I'll be working until 8 PM. So I expect a disappointing birthday, as well.

I'll let you know if I feel like it's Monday when I get to work. So far so good...I really want to meet my goals this week. I have yet to meet them. Calling 75 employers a week doesn't seem too hard until you actually try to do it!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had to be sick, and Jon too, for your birthday. That stinks. I hope you both are better by tomorrow. Maybe you can just plan your special night away for another time so you still get to enjoy it. Or you guys could just do something really nice at home, like a candle lit picnic in the living room or something?

I'm definitely feeling the Mondays too. I can't wait for July and a week off! Don't we get a day off in February for something though? President's day? That will be nice!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I have a case of the Mondays as well.

BF and I spent the weekend doing awesome things - we went shopping Saturday and got him a couple new shirts and a new tie, and had GF pizza for lunch, and sushi for dinner before we went and saw Safehouse.  Not a great movie.  I don't recommend it.  But date night was awesome.

Yesterday we went out to the beach, had ice cream for lunch, had some drinks and came back to the house so I could make dinner (stir fry, yum).  And then watched an old movie and crashed.  We skipped the Grammys.  Not really our thing.  Although we did watch the pre-show fashion craziness.

And today he came to work with me.  He was a bear to get out of bed this morning, although I did get him to start tea while I was in the shower.  He just went to Starbucks, and we'll probably be working on stuff in a while.  My boss is out today with a sick little one, so I'm basically just doing data analysis and he's bored out of his mind.  I don't blame him - I'm usually bored.  Tonight we're doing Valentine's Day though.  He bought some strawberry truffles, we're going out to dinner...it should be nice.  I'm excited for it.  Mostly it's just nice to have him around.  I'd just prefer not being at work right now.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That sucks getting pink eye on your bday.

My weekend was okay.  Our internet was down all weekend and the cable company is supposed to have a service crew in our area today to fix it, so hopefully it will be up by the time I get home.  So because of that, H and I had a pretty lazy Saturday, just watched tv and such.

Yesterday we went hiking.  We found a new trail on one of the local mountains the weekend before that's really fun/challenging, it's about 4 miles round trip of pretty steep/rocky trail, so it was a good workout too.  Then we came home and got ready for our V-Day dinner at a nice steakhouse, which was nice :)

And then I slept like crap last night, had a hard time falling asleep, couldn't stay asleep, and couldn't go back to sleep after 5:30, so I think I maybe got 4 or 5 hours total of sleep last night.  So yeah...I'm really not liking being at work right now. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! It really wasn't a bad weekend, I don't want to be a Debbie Downer about it. I think the fact that our sicknesses negated any birthday sex is the real reason that I am a grouch today, if I'm being honest :P

I love the picnic and candlelight idea :) Lunar, that is such a bummer about your birthday. I hope you guys can celebrate it another day to make up for both having to work that day. That happened to me a couple years ago, Jon and I both had to work a lot on my actual birthday. We ended up celebrating it the following weekend and it was AWESOME - one of the best birthdays ever :) So I hope that happens for you!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_mild-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f250ee1-c9b0-4f24-8c11-e3f842206928Post:0097b4ed-1bc1-4ade-ba5c-9f8cc4b7720c">Mild Case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Monday ladies! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was okay. I had a decent birthday, but not great. And let's face it, I had my hopes up for great. To be fair, the biggest downers were no one's fault. Jon got the cold and fever I had last weekend, so he was sick the whole time and that put a damper on a lot of our plans. <strong>Also, I woke up with pink eye the morning of my birthday - that was fun lol. </strong>A few little things here and there made me meh, but overall it was a good weekend and I am focusing on that :) Today I do have a case of the Mondays, however. I have no desire to be here, and I really don't feel like working. Jon is still sick, so I don't know if we will really do anything for Valentine's day tomorrow. Also, we were supposed to go away for a night this coming weekend - I took Monday and Tuesday off to spend some time with Jon (who usually would be laid off from his construction job for the winter) and booked a night for us to go away Sunday into Monday. Well, he never got laid off because his boss loves him so much that he found stuff for him to do, so there is really no point in going to a hotel to have a normal Sunday night and have to check out at 6am the next morning. So I'm pretty bummed that I have to cancel it, even though it's technically for a good reason. Anyone else having a case of the Mondays? And to conclude my fairly unwarranted little pity party, I leave you with this.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

Why in the hell does the universe feel like this is an appropriate birthday gift?? I woke up on my 30th with it, and no shiit, my eye exploded. So I'm feeling your pain right now. I hope it passes quickly!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    I have a HORRIBLE case of the Mondays.

Csousa, I had every intention of texting you the other day and wishing you a Happy Birthday, but my signal was Shiitastical. :( I'm sorry! <3

Friday was spent at the visitation, funeral, after dinner/gathering and then driving 4 hours to my grandmas

Saturday was fun - I worked on a puzzle and watched old movies with my grandparents and just hung out

Sunday - drove back home to MI from TN - I HAAAAAAATE LOATHE AND DETEST INDIANA!! (No offense to anyone who lives there)

I have no desire to be back to work, nor deal with the shiit I have to deal with here.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Stupid TK. A bunch of these posts JUST showed up for me. Poo!

Liv - Yes, a penguin heist would have made everything amazing. Sadly, there were too many witnesses and Jon was not in peak fitness for a swift getaway. Drat. Also, quarter-life crises are no fun :( Drinks soon to chase it away?

Tarra - That's terrible! I'm allergic to amoxicillin, it is no bueno. I hope you feel better very soon!

Peek - That sounds like a fun weekend! I hope the work day passes quickly for you :)

Jem - I slept like crap last night too, I'm sure that didn't help my mood today. Blech.

Beanbot - Exploding eye sounds like the least fun thing ever. That's definitely a gift you want to return.

Yaga - Thanks! I'm glad you escaped unscathed. Also, I would pay to see you be a hot mess, I imagine it's quite entertaining.

Irish - No worries! I know you love me :) I meant to text you to check up on you this weekend, but it got away from me as it usually does. I'm scatterbrained, but I hope you know I lurveee you too! :)
  • Options
    Sorry you had a not so great birthday csousa!

I had a horrible case of the Mondays today.  Not in the mood for work or people and even though I have no where to be tonight I am so busy, it's my only night I don't have to be at the theater.  

My weekend was mostly great, the time with the BF was wonderful, we did our V day dinner on Saturday.  I spent a lot of time at the theater at rehearsal, I am not having too much fun with the show, so that part put a damper on the weekend.  The wig I'm wearing for the show is ugly as sin.

I also spoke to my mom & found out my grandma and she is going under hospice care, so she has may be a few more months, if that.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards