Not Engaged Yet

Friday

Re: Friday

• Tarra- I'm glad you are going to see a counselor and I'm also glad you and your H are open to discussing everything you are feeling...I bottled some grief up for a few years and it was ugly when it finally came out.  Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this time...you are truly, as another mentioned, handeling this loss with grace and strength and I admire you for it. 
  • Hummingbird - I will talk and talk, and then just stop and see how long it takes FI to notice.  And then I'll ask him what I said, which he can never answer.  It used to drive me batty, but now I know what I need to do to get his attention and get him to listen (standing in front of the TV is a good one).  He also can't remember shiiit that I tell him, so there is a lot of repeating myself and emailing him things we've talked about.  To be fair, I do try to start conversations while he's watching sports or stocks or reading about sports or stocks.  He's not one to multitask.
  • I really want a corn dog now.

I'm really over this week.  My parents have not been supportive with the job situation - I've been applying, and my mom looked at me yesterday and said "What did you do all day?" And when I told her I'd been applying for jobs, she rolled her eyes at me.

We're having a party here tomorrow for a "friend" who is a single mom.  She wanted to have her son's 1st birthday at her parents' house, they told her no, and then she was going to do it at Chuck E Cheese, and then I offered to have it here to save her a ton of money.  She posted on FB last night about how Chick Fil A has the right idea and the gays don't deserve rights, and she puts them on the same level as theives and liars.  I really don't want to have her here anymore.  It really upset me.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:1eb3218c-91a5-4532-aa96-611877e2ef50">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a corn dog now. I'm really over this week.  My parents have not been supportive with the job situation - I've been applying, and my mom looked at me yesterday and said "What did you do all day?" And when I told her I'd been applying for jobs, she rolled her eyes at me. We're having a party here tomorrow for a "friend" who is a single mom.  She wanted to have her son's 1st birthday at her parents' house, they told her no, and then she was going to do it at Chuck E Cheese, and then I offered to have it here to save her a ton of money.  She posted on FB last night about how Chick Fil A has the right idea and the gays don't deserve rights, and she puts them on the same level as theives and liars.  I really don't want to have her here anymore.  It really upset me.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't want to host a party for that person either. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:1eb3218c-91a5-4532-aa96-611877e2ef50">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really want a corn dog now. I'm really over this week.  My parents have not been supportive with the job situation - I've been applying, and my mom looked at me yesterday and said "What did you do all day?" And when I told her I'd been applying for jobs, she rolled her eyes at me. We're having a party here tomorrow for a "friend" who is a single mom.  She wanted to have her son's 1st birthday at her parents' house, they told her no, and then she was going to do it at Chuck E Cheese, and then I offered to have it here to save her a ton of money.  She posted on FB last night about how Chick Fil A has the right idea and the gays don't deserve rights, and she puts them on the same level as theives and liars.  I really don't want to have her here anymore.  It really upset me.

<div>Grrrrr. It makes me sad there are people like that in the world.</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:1eb3218c-91a5-4532-aa96-611877e2ef50">Re: Friday</a>:

<div>You should serve nothing but Oreos. :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:13e096b6-f78c-440e-bd90-e488424b0cdc">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : That makes me stabby, pee k. Also, lyn, you made this veggie girl want a corn dog.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]

Veggie corn dog!  I know they exist, or you could be like me when I was torn between a hot dog or cheese on a stick and deep fried.  Hmmmm gooey cheese.... excuse me while I step out to get some fat sucked out of me....

Hope that this weekend you feel much better physically and if the sun is shining let it fall upon your face and warm your soul. 
  • Pee K decorate with rainbows!!!!!  Rainbow oreos?  Hearing of people like that makes me lose faith in humanity.  At this point if you know her son and like him, power through it for him.  But I let his mom know that you don't agree with her opinions.  People like that should know not everyone thinks like them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:29afe8fd-d370-41a0-8bf1-8b797c8754e5">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pee K decorate with rainbows!!!!!  Rainbow oreos?  Hearing of people like that makes me lose faith in humanity.  At this point if you know her son and like him, power through it for him.  But I let his mom know that you don't agree with her opinions.  People like that should know not everyone thinks like them.
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>...it's his FIRST birthday.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm really upset about all of this.</div>
    I french with my man
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:13e096b6-f78c-440e-bd90-e488424b0cdc">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : That makes me stabby, pee k. Also, lyn, you made this veggie girl want a corn dog.
    Posted by hellotarra[/QUOTE]
    Morningstar makes pretty good veggie corn dogs!

Anniversary

• There is a dog next door howling like a wolf. 

I am so very, very sad for the events in Colorado. 

I want to wrap Tarra up in a big kitty hug. Brady sends snuggles & purrs too.

I love you ladies so very, very much. Some of you have seriously become some of the most wonderful friends I have ever had. And I can never express how much that means to me. <3 

*******************************************************************************************

• I had veggie corn dogs yesterday. But I'm still sad that I can't have a giant veggie corn dog at the fair.

I'm going to cruise through my last 8 days of work. It was so slow yesterday, and I expect the same today.
  • Hey guys. 

I stayed out till 4 am and came home completely sober. I got to hang out with my "little brother" for the first time in two years before he leaves for Ohio on Monday. It was totally worth it, and surprisingly, I'm not tired at all. 

Tarra, I want to hug you and E so hard and never let go. 

Tiger, I'm seding your uterus happy baby vibes nightly. Maybe you should try it in the pool....

Oh, and I want y'all's input. I have the option to do date night tonight and/or go to my parent's. I have to go to my parent's to pick up some sheets for camp next week. Do I want to just hang out with FI and my parents or do I want to make a super quick stop by my parents and then do date night? They're an hour away from my apartment. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:1eb3218c-91a5-4532-aa96-611877e2ef50">Re: Friday</a>:

<div>Me thinks you should get multiple boxes of Oreos and pass them out as party favors. </div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Welcome Tarra, but you won't find ones as large as the one Lynn had.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:10f4dcb6-1880-495c-a49e-ff9a97a4f2a6">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome Tarra, but you won't find ones as large as the one Lynn had.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

<div>Lyn likes her meat large.</div>

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:10f4dcb6-1880-495c-a49e-ff9a97a4f2a6">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome Tarra, but<strong> you won't find ones as large as the one Lynn had.</strong>

That's what she said...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:89bbc20a-1d78-4286-8c53-d0795c7f6956">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Lyn likes her meat large.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

and girthy....
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:10510e1e-4440-4086-826d-ab6628aa3b8b">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : That's what she said... In Response to Re: Friday : and girthy....

<div>Heehee. Girth. </div><div>
    </div><div>"Women, they share everything. What you like, what she likes, what you don't like, girth."</div><div>
    </div><div>"Whoa. Girth? We don't have to talk about girth, right?"</div>

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:1184ea07-657f-4323-80fd-2d655c5972dc">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Heehee. Girth.  "Women, they share everything. What you like, what she likes, what you don't like, girth." <strong>"Whoa. Girth? We don't have to talk about girth, right?"</strong>
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    Oh Chandler :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:10510e1e-4440-4086-826d-ab6628aa3b8b">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : That's what she said... In Response to Re: Friday : and girthy....

:-)
    girth...

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:8a12efec-efb9-4d57-bdf8-873921007365">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Oh Chandler :) 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]
    Seven....seven...SEVENNNN!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:2f4380c3-d8c5-4cb7-ab47-a38a9efbc431">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Seven....seven...SEVENNNN!
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>Everyone knows there are 7 basic errogenous zones. </div><div>
    </div><div>...seven?</div><div>
    </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:8a12efec-efb9-4d57-bdf8-873921007365">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Oh Chandler :) 
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]
    I"m Chandler, could I BE wearing any more clothes?
    It's getting a little hot in here, I think I'll start doing some lunges....

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:7dbc193c-c73a-4302-b16c-65285ef7fa69">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : I"m Chandler, could I BE wearing any more clothes? It's getting a little hot in here, I think I'll start doing some lunges....
    Good thing I'm going commando....
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:721f61d7-d3c3-4ecd-832e-fbca6bad7471">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday : Good thing I'm going commando....
    Posted by LaSak87[/QUOTE]

<div>He took my essence!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• edited July 2012
    That episode was on last week the one where no one is getting ready.  It has to be one of the best episodes.

Awww he drank the fat!

One of my acting coaches in high school went to grad school and roomed with David & Marta one of their years together.  She lost touch with them a few years after grad school, but when the lived together she was very compulsive about the place being clean and organized.  She swears that trait Monica had was from their experience of living with her.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:94a9c8f4-8d79-43fe-96c8-ef3ac166d179">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hummingbird - I will talk and talk, and then just stop and see how long it takes FI to notice.  And then I'll ask him what I said, which he can never answer.  It used to drive me batty, but now I know what I need to do to get his attention and get him to listen (standing in front of the TV is a good one).  He also can't remember shiiit that I tell him, so there is a lot of repeating myself and emailing him things we've talked about.  To be fair, I do try to start conversations while he's watching sports or stocks or reading about sports or stocks.  He's not one to multitask.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'll definitely remember the "standing in front of the TV" move. He only really does this when he's working, but come on - he's not doing heart surgery. He can answer a simple question or at least grunt in the affirmative if needed. <div>
    </div><div>Oh well, he apologized and wants to take me out to dinner tonight, so I'll let him off easy ;-)

<div>Thanks! (And thanks to you too, Tiger). </div></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_friday-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0f2cefd7-efd1-40d6-a2c0-15b6ba23afa7Post:3298b5b5-72f4-4145-8d51-bcae00265fd2">Re: Friday</a>:
    [QUOTE]That episode was on last week the one where no one is getting ready.  It has to be one of the best episodes. Awww he dranks the fat! One of my acting coaches in high school went to grad school and roomed with David & Marta one of their years together.  She lost touch with them a few years after grad school, but when the lived together she was very compulsive about the place being clean and organized.  She swears that trait Monica had was from their experience of living with her.

<div>Aww man! That's cool. :) The one where no one is ready is a great episode. I love season 2. And season 3. </div>

• me too Audrewuh!

Anniversary

• Grrrr.  I can't believe I missed a thread full of Friends quotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards