Not Engaged Yet
Options

Why do people go to work sick?!

2-3 of my co-workers came to work this week with the flu. I usually never get sick, but must have caught it from them. If you're sick, stay home. Now I'm spending my labor day weekend in my bed with body aches, a sore throat and a runny nose. Edit: Memorial day, not labor day. I need more sleep.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Why do people go to work sick?!

• Options
    Ugh that sucks! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    How nice of your coworkers to ruin your holdiay weekend.  I hope you feel better soon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lame. I hate it when that happens.

My freshman year of college a girl who worked in the cafeteria went to work sick and they almost quarantined our entire dorm because so many people got sick. It was horrible!

Feel better!

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Ugh that's so f-ed up. I hope you feel better!

• Options
    edited May 2012
    One of my jobs used to guilt trip people into coming to work, even if they were sick ("Are you SURE you can't come in? I mean, we could REALLY use the extra help..."). So sicknesses would spread like wildfire amongst the staff. I feel for you. That sucks it happened on a holiday weekend, though :/ 

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Man, that sucks. One of my jobs used to guilt trip people into coming into work, even if they were sick ("Are you SURE you can't come in? I mean, we could REALLY use the extra help..."), so sicknesses would spread amongst the staff like wildfire. I definitely feel your pain - and it's even worse that it's during the holiday! :/ 

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    Thanks all! I even got my flu shot this year, which didn't help. Bside- yea, I work at a hospital and they even asked me "Are you making this up?" I never call off, but thanks for making me for guilty for doing so when I'm actually sick:/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I hate when people do that so disrespectful....

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_why-do-people-go-to-work-sick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0fee8b0b-2107-49cb-9edf-3d93328b675ePost:9a9c4af3-a3eb-4ae7-8b36-6fab36cd4c74">Re: Why do people go to work sick?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks all! I even got my flu shot this year, which didn't help. Bside- yea, I work at a hospital and they even asked me "Are you making this up?" I never call off, but thanks for making me for guilty for doing so when I'm actually sick:/
    Posted by BrittneyRN[/QUOTE]

<div>You would think that working at a hospital they'd be like, "Stay the eff home!" </div><div>
    </div><div>And this job that guilt tripped the sick I was working at? It was at a movie theater. As in, handling popcorn and money and people's movie tickets. I worked there 5 years and was only ever sent home sick <em>once</em>. I was running a fever and I couldn't count change.</div>

• Options
    eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    Right there with you. I have a few co-workers who are always battling sinus infections and bronchitis because their kids bring it home from day care. Our company is extremely generous and forgiving when it comes to sick days, so I always wonder why they don't stay the eff home. 

I'm not a germophobe by any stretch, but I've found myself using hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes a lot more often than I used to. I've nicknamed one lady Typhoid Mary because she's always one of the first people to start an office plague.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards