Not Engaged Yet

New here

It is so nice to know that there are other people out there who are in the same boat as me. I don't feel so crazy for the things I think anymore because so many of you have mentioned the same things. Just good to know that I am not alone. Thank you for sharing.

Re: New here

• edited December 2011
    Glad we could help? :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Be careful with your level of crazy. People get nasty when the crazies come out to play! Just saying, I'm sure you're not like that. And welcome! (Sorry if I scared you.)
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • saralinn1saralinn1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try not to be crazy just a little antsy. We have been together for almost 4 years and I know it is coming soon because we have talked about it. Just hard to wait sometimes. Especially when people around you are all getting engaged or married after not knowing each other that long. I know it will be worth the wait though.
  • edited December 2011
    Especially when people around you are all getting engaged or married after not knowing each other that long.I completely understand this.  I'm going to a wedding in two weeks where the couple dated about a year, BF's ex got engaged after dating less than a year, and a friend of ours from law school was engaged after dating for 5 months.  BF and I have been together over 2 years (not so long, but longer than others).  It gets frustrating, but I find that if I remind myself that every relationship is different and I shouldn't compare mine to the others, then I calm down about it pretty quickly.It's hard, but I just wanted to emphasize that you're not alone in feeling that way for that particular reason, and give you an option of how to try and handle it.  HTH! :)
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I love that picture of your dog. We have one that we dress up to.
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, yea BF's younger sister put the boa on her and we thought it was hilarious.  Unfortunately it seems I've lost that picture since putting it in my siggy, so I haven't changed my siggy in ages because I don't want to lose the picture forever. 
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I'm starting to get the 'everyone around me is getting married/engaged' thing too. It definitely makes me a bit jealous, even though I am overall happy in my relationship. A girl I went to HS with just got engaged to her boyfriend of a year. She's 19...let's see how that one turns out. When I look at it like that - honestly, very negatively for some of these people - I realize I'm probably better off staying bf/gf than getting married right now.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is true. Some of the couples really don't know each other that well and one got married bc she was pregnant.   We are happy and when it does happen it will be for the right reasons.
  • edited December 2011
    Saralinn i completely agree. It's awesome that there is this board to share thoughts with. Regarding ppl getting married that havent' dated long... My best friend was dating this lame young guy she was living with. he cheated, she threw him out. 2 weeks go by.. she meets a guy on online. 6 weeks later she's engaged! I mean in 8 weeks she dumped her live in bf and was engaged to someone else. NUTS. now she's married and got preg on her honey moon. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PPL? haha. i love my best friend to death but that's just crazy.... SLOW DOWN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards