Not Engaged Yet

Crazy ring/proposal dreams?

So, I dream every night, and I usually have really, really bizarre dreams. I admit to having a few ridiculous dreams about being proposed to, and they usually include really ugly, crazy rings for some reason! Maybe it's a subconscious fear? Last night, I had a dream where the ring had a tiny gold-covered leaf in the spot where the center stone would go. Once my ring was plastic and flashed different colors. In the dream my boyfriend finds funniest, I found my ring in the microwave, which he had left there purposely for me to find. Anyone else have crazy ring/proposal dreams? I'd love to hear them!

Re: Crazy ring/proposal dreams?

• edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh! This is TOO FUNNY. I had a dream my boyfriend proposed with a giant PEARL! haha it was so big and i couldn't get my hands in my pockets. haha and i came to work the next day flashing my hand and got the strangest looks.  I think it's subconscious because i'm not allowed to have anything to do with the ring picking. He wants to do it all on his own.. so i think i'm secretly worried i wont like it.
  • edited December 2011
    About a week and a half ago after watching about 6 episodes of Cake Boss I had a dream that my bf got me a giant cake shaped like a tiffany's box and it actually opened up and there was a ring inside. The ring was real except it was proportional to the size of the cake. So instead of fitting on my finger I could slide it up my arm! The worst part was that when I brought up the ring getting resized to my bf he freaked out and told me that if I loved him I would love the ring the way it was. I woke up giggling.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Before I got engaged, I dreamt that my FI gave me a big, honking yellow diamond with that antiquey, square shaped setting.  NMS at all, and I was trying to become reconciled to the fact that I would be wearing it for the rest of my life. Since I've gotten the ring, I've dreamt THREE TIMES that one or two of the diamonds have fallen out.  GAH!
  • hisgoldeneyeshisgoldeneyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oi, this has happened to me too! I dream about eithe proposals or the ring or something. Sometimes they are like weird and sometimes they just seem so right and I think its true...BUT then I wake up look at my ring finger and mutter FML. lol ;)
  • K2snowbunnyK2snowbunny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a dream where my bf proposed with a kitten.  I think it is pretty clear what two things I really want right now, lol.  Usually I just dream about getting a kitten.  Maybe my dreams are telling me I want a cat more then him, lol.  My bf said it is one or the other..... :( 

imageIAmPregnant Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had so many dreams about ugly rings before we got engaged. One time I had a dream that the stone was a big cheeseburger and another time my sister had a dream that he proposed with a ring with pictures of us all over it....there are so many more but those are the two most memorable ones!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Haha, these stories are spectacular! I'm glad I'm not the only one with an overactive imagination while I sleep :)Keep them coming!
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had a proposal dream... but the other night I dreamed I was pregnant. HUGELY pregnant.And that we lived next door to my aunt, and my aunt's house had oysters growing on the roof (because.... yeah, oysters GROW like that). And I decided that I really wanted an oyster... I was craving one, but I didn't want to eat it.So, I hauled my pregnant self over to the hill that was closest to the roof and tried to knock oysters down with a big stick. Because I HAD TO HAVE ONE.And I woke up... and I was like "Dude, I am so screwed up in the head."
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Snowbunny, your post made me snort so hard it hurtI kinda of feel bad because you ended the thread with :(I guess I'll blame the jack daniels I;ve been drinking...
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had one the other day about my boyfriend bawling and shaking while proposing, and the ring was a 1mm band with a 2mm center stone. I woke up thinking, "he wouldn't cry, but that was pretty cute".
  • edited December 2011
    I had several dreams about rings and proposals before I got engaged. One time, I woke up and it actually felt like I had a ring on my finger. All day I had to keep checking to make sure nothing was there. I also felt like I was really engaged, so I kept thinking I should be calling people to let them know the good news.
  • edited December 2011
    Jeana - Maybe it's some sort of weird omen that you'll crave oysters when you're pregnant???
  • edited December 2011
    JEana: I had a dream last night that I was pregnant with triplets (no freaky house oysters though).  I blame you for telling us about your dream :-P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards