Not Engaged Yet

Say Yes to the Dress Marathon

On TLC, anybody wanna watch with me?

Re: Say Yes to the Dress Marathon

• PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HA. Someone just got caught trying to shove a dress into her purse. Her excuse was, "oh I thought it was my coat".
  • weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YESSSS!!!
  • myother1myother1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I caught a few episodes today - how is it that shows on TLC suck you in SO easily?!Personally, I thought a lot of the dresses looked terrible on the different women.  Maybe it was my tv.  Maybe I'm really picky.  Maybe I'm jealous of a "small" $3000 dress budget.
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first couple of times I saw the show, I thought that was their budget for the entire wedding. Oh, naivety.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, some of the choices weren't that great.I also find it funny when the employees make comments about the smaller budgets. Maybe it's because of my non-engaged naivety, but I'm thinking $1k- tops.
  • edited December 2011
    I used to watch that show, but I think it is ridiculous to spend $8k on a dress!!  Wow.  I guess because I don't plan on spending that much for my dang wedding!  And I agree, the employees act like biatches half the time.  They would laugh in my face if I showed up in there with my piddly peasant budget! I liked that Happily Ever Faster show about the Las Vegas wedding chapel and the new show by Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos.  About the brothers that own the wedding coordinating company.  They only aired them once.  Wonder why.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker image
  • fletch102483fletch102483 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm obsessed...i tivo it
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Omg, I totally have a love/hate relationship w/Say Yes To The Dress. On one hand, I love seeing women trying on the dresses and looking great and finding The One, because it gets me pysched for my own day. But I hate the sales women, it seems like they tend to "bully" the brides into the priceir dresses ... especially the ones that seem really conscious of their budget (You know, there's always at least one "Well, yes, this dress is nice, but its $1,000 over my budget, and I like this one that IS in my price range too ...", they always try to talk her into the more expensive one). I know they get commission on their sales, but seriously, it should be about keeping the bride happy in both appearance and finances.Also, I was stunned at how many women have like a 5k dress budget ... though this COULD have something to do with 5k being a little less than 1/2 of my entire wedding budget, hahaha.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • edited December 2011
    I missed it! I love watching Say Yes to the Dress. I actually like the salespeople, they seem more level-headed than some of the people shopping. The only salesperson I really CAN'T stand is the lady with black hair that looks like she's had lots of bad plastic surgery. She says mean things about how the girls look in the dresses or snickers at their "small" budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Carmel might be getting the ax! She didn't meet her sales goal so maybe we won't have to put up with her anymore. If they got rid of Camile too, the show would be amazing.
    edited December 2011
    Which one is Camile again?
  • edited December 2011
    I saw a couple of episodes yesterday. I'm in NYC and I would never go to that store. I can't believe that $2,000-$3,000 is considered a small budget. I'm keeping my dress to under $500 if I can help it. The attitudes towards the customers with "small" budgets was a turn off to me.
  • edited December 2011
    Camile is the one with the huge mole on her lip with the bad lip liner job. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    I think I'd be laughed out of that store with my measley budget - I only spent $700 for my dress
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I spent under $500 on mine - did anyone see that greek girl that went with her entire family? They spent $15000+ on an "as is" dress! :O That is way more than what our entire wedding will cost!
  • edited December 2011
    I cannot even fathom spending $8000 on a dress. I'm hoping I can do my entire wedding for under $8000. I know that your wedding is an incredibly special day in a couple's life and the lives of their families/friends, but I just can't wrap my brain around dropping the downpayment on a house on a single item of clothing.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    umb: I saw that one.  The whole time I was wondering WTF they were thinking.  Plus, they were trying to haggle the store down from the 24k+ original price over inconsequential stuff, IMO.  Just ridiculous.  15k is almost 2x my wedding budget. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards