Not Engaged Yet
Options

DD?

I was on here for a few minutes this morning then had to leave, but I swear there is a post missing... did someone DD?  What happened?

Re: DD?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah she did.  But then she went on TIP to defend herself.  It wasn't that interesting.  The promise ring thing has been beaten to death so.many.times.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that blew my mind. I was trying to stick up for her with the "congrats you're engaged" thing because that REALLY FREAKING BUGS ME.RAR!But then she sounded like she was 20, and then she said she was 40 and I was like "Wow, young at heart, huh?"Which isn't a bad thing, I thought she was nice... But I can't really stick up for promise rings because I had one and I felt all funky about it after the first... you know... week. Especially since he waited 4 years after giving me the promise ring to propose. So, not really a fan of that.Then she's all like "Well, we DO consider ourselves engaged."And I'm thinking "WTF are you bouncing around about a proposal for, then? If you really DO consider yourself engaged...."It blew my mind. Then it was gone.And I was like..... "Did it ever happen?"And people really latched on to me using the word "Duh" one time. I realized then that someone had cross-posted someplace, because anyone who hangs out around NEY would know that me using "Duh" doesn't mean anything, really.If I wanted to be all professional and fancy, I could.... but I do that the rest of the day, you know?I had no idea "Duh" was such a hot button!Duh, silly me. ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, ok.  I remember now- the 40 yo with a promise ring.  I don't get promise rings, myself.  How are they different than engagement rings?  Is it to avoid a long engagement? 
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand promise rings either!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was cross posted on AFSB Jeana. ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    pinkpinotpinkpinot member
    edited December 2011
    Excuse my ignorance, what board is: AFSB?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, all I know is Mag posted it on Trouble in Paradise.... man, I hate it when people who don't get my sense of humor come over from other boards.I worked really hard to make sure you regulars understand me and know when to just laugh! Which... is pretty much all the time. Laughing is good for you!Dang rubbernecking.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea it was also on Trouble in Paradise.To whoever asked (sorry...didn't look at the name) AFSB is the Snarky Brides board. :)
    Married Bio

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thing I do not get: roaming around looking for posts you find amusing and posting about them back on your "home board".  Who has time for that, seriously?
  • Options
    MamaKinMamaKin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    anyone who posts here even semi-regularly really shouldn't point fingers at ask "who has time for that." obvioulsy we all have time to kill. and i don't know about you, but i can ctrl+c and ctrl+v in about 5 seconds. just sayin.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do.  It takes so much time and effort to look at another board.  So much. Though mostly, I only "roam" here since it is usually a treasure trove of entertainment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I definitely have some free time, but it just seems like trolling around on tons of other boards looking for something "juicy" is not usually worth it.  It doesn't matter to me, cause obviously when my post got stuck over on TIP I just went over and said hi.  It just seems time-consuming.  But I suppose I see the appeal if your board is having a slow day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trolling was the wrong word to use there after re-reading- sounds like I'm calling you fake or something.  I just didn't want to say roaming again.  End of the day and my brain is shot.  Carry on.
  • Options
    trevette1981trevette1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another thing I do not get: roaming around looking for posts you find amusing and posting about them back on your "home board".I thought I was the only one going, HUH? Now, I get this is all in fun, but copying and pasting like that? WOW. Some people take this too seriously.
  • Options
    nda_roxybabenda_roxybabe member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I once had a promise ring and even I don't get it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A bit late to the party here but when I saw her write that she was 40 I exited the thread because I was in such complete shock that I had nothing to say.I wasn't sure she was old enough to get into a bar.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited December 2011
    Who has time for that, seriously? I guess the same people who have time to go looking for them!
    Spring Break 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess the same people who have time to go looking for them!Haha, how unfortunately true, at least for me.  Sometimes at work I am slammed for days and miss tons of stuff on here because I'm busy.  But with the economy the way it is, we're getting fewer and fewer clients, so some days I have nothing to do but surf the web, including various Knot boards.
    Married Bio

BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I truly don't mean this in a snarky way, but I thought promise rings were for, like, high school sweethearts while they were in high school? :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I still just don't understand the whole promise ring thing, the idea is just really foreign to me, maybe it's because the only person I ever met that had one bought it for herself.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even get it, and I had one!FI gave it to me 4 years ago, on the first day we met face-to-face (we met online a year before that)... and I took it as "Well, if things keep going the way they have been, I think I want to marry you... but until I know for sure, here's this ring to make sure you remember after I go back to Louisiana."I wore it on my left hand until I moved here (to be with him), and then it was weird because people thought I was engaged (which was fine when he was far away, I dunno why), so I moved it to the right hand.And he noticed and asked why I'd moved it, and I said "to keep the left finger free, so we avoid the awkward "what do I do with this ring?" if and when you propose."And that seemed to work, because he laughed and said it made sense.But I'm still not sure what the promise ring was for... I guess because we were long-distance? I mean, it sure didn't feel as weird to wear it when I wasn't actually with him all the time....I dunno. I'm confused, and I wore that ring for years. Cute little baby diamond. I like my new ring better, though. AND its purpose is clear. :D
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards