Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Retired Pastor

My childhood pastor is retired now, but I always wanted him to marry me at one point in time. Now that time has come and I'm wondering if his priviledges change now that he is retired? I live in Canada, so I have no idea if that changes anything.

Not sure if anyone could answer this for me. But I'm curious if it is still possible for him to marry us, now that he is retired!?

*Melissa*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
*Our furbabies: Oski (dog), Jax (cat)*
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
~*Good luck to my BFPB's: MercierGirl, DBoo0510, mrskristend821, & NewbieLisette*~

Re: Retired Pastor

• He should know whether or not he can still marry you and my guess is that he can.  I would definately ask him.  I think that would be very sweet and flattering if you asked him to marry you.  If he can't, maybe he can still do something special in the wedding like assist your minister.
    Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • My DD was married in July by our dearly loved retired pastor.  We are Presbyterian.  That same pastor officiated my mom's memorial service three weeks later.

Ask your pastor.  He'll know whether or not he can officiate for you.  And I hope he can.  I told people that after we got our call that DD and SIL were engaged, I swore the second one was asking Pastor Jeff to do their wedding. 

It was very, very special for her and for us.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • It will depend on a couple of things, mainly whether he has kept his license.  Our dd and her fi wanted his youth pastor to marry them. He had moved out of state a few years ago, when they contacted him they found he had not kept his Ohio license and could not marry them without the license. One thing I don't know is what is involved in getting or renewing the license but since then my DD and her FI have chosen another friend who is a pastor and licensed in the state of Ohio.
  • I want the Pastor that confirmed me to marry me but she retired and got rid of her license. I'm Lutheran and I know that she can if she gets a special pass from the Synode. But its up to her I'm not sure how the pass works I know its only for one event and I'm not sure how long it takes to get it. So definately ask your pastor. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards