Not Engaged Yet

Im not sure how to feel about this.

BF and I have season tickets for our college football team. We are both huge fans, BF a little more obsessed though.So, Saturday we go to the game and it was amazing. I don't know if anybody on here follows college football, but UW beating USC was monumental around here. Anyways, everyone rushed the field.. blah blah game over, we go out to celebrate with some friends. That night we were talking in bed, and he tells me that for months he had been thinking about proposing to me at the USC game if we won. And how perfect it would have been to do it down on the field. But... he hasn't bought a ring yet. Then he gets super embarassed and upset, because he told me in May that we would be engaged by the end of summer. The only reason he hasn't gotten a ring is he's just procrastinated. Which I saw happening in the first place, he just puts everything off. Which can be frustrating. And we've both been busy with so many other things the last few months.Anyways.. I don't care that he hasn't proposed yet. I am happy waiting. But, now I don't know if I wish he never told me that he had planned to on Saturday and didn't or what. And he had me expecting an engagement soon, but now I honestly don't know when it will happen. I am guessing not until after the holidays though. Ok .. I am done venting.. I just wanted any other takes on this.

Re: Im not sure how to feel about this.

• edited December 2011
    I can completely relate. BF told me at the beginning of this year that we'd get engaged this year, and then around April-May, he began dropping hints that it might be coming soon. He ended up losing hours at work and money was tight, so things got pushed off a bit. He let me know a few weeks ago that he had originally planned on proposing on our anniversary (July 4), and I wish he hadn't told me. Not that I'm angry or anything that it didn't happen, just disappointed that things didn't work out the way he wanted them to. He started up with the dropping hints again, and I told him to knock it off, because I don't want to get my hopes up again, just in case life gets in the way again. He's not listening, lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So he missed one opportunity purely due to poor planning, and now there won't be another chance to propose until after the holidays? That's some pretty extreme procrastinating.
  • PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I watched it from home. Stupid boyfriend didn't get tickets. I reminded him 5 times too.Well, I think it's good to know that he's thinking about it, and hasn't completely put it out of his mind. So it could be sooner than you think.
  • edited December 2011
    It might be some extreme procrastinating.. but it's also realistic with how busy our holidays and this time of year is. Is 3 months really that extreme?I'm not too worried about when it's going to happen, it's just knowing that it was so close. It's exciting and disappointing at the same time.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're frustrated.  I wouldn't have told you that either but I guess it was a mea culpa on his part.  Why don't you think he can propose until after the holidays now?  Presumably he could go get the ring today, right?
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• edited December 2011
    Also you know you guys are getting engaged so be happy with that knowledge and just let it happen.  I know my FI stressed on planning a perfect proposal but at the end of the day I was just happy we are getting married.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• PandaBurrPandaBurr member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know my FI stressed on planning a perfect proposal but at the end of the day I was just happy we are getting married.My boyfriend cannot comprehend this for some reason. Every now and then he'll say stuff like, "Oh this would've been a good time to propose... well, no, my idea is better... but that costs a lot of money..." and starts mumbling to himself trying to figure it out. I've probably told him at least 20 times now that I don't give a rat's donkey about some big spectacle, and I'd be happy just knowing that we were going to get married. He won't have it though. He even asked how much money he could spend before I would get mad, and I just gave him the "if you have to ask then it's too much" look.
  • edited December 2011
    I guess it very well could happen at any moment. I am only saying it probably will get put off because of our schedules. BF has his 7-4, then coaches highschool football. So, practice 4-6 (at the earliest). Games on Mondays, games on Fridays. That goes through mid.November. Weekends we have college football, season Seahawk tickets, the out of town games already seem to be filled with weddings and other family gatherings. I guess it just doesn't seem likely that it would happen this time of year. I could, and would be extremely happy and excited if I were wrong though.
  • edited December 2011
    Aw Tiff I can understand how you feel. My BF has a mistress and her name is college football ;o)BF said that the perfect wedding proposal would be on the field right after the Virginia Tech Hokies win the national championship title.  Though I love the Hokies with all my heart, I am going to go ahead and say a national championship is not going to happen anytime soon.   Our offense is too unstable and the offensive coordinator is dumb as dirt (3rd and 15? Let's run the ball!!!!)  I can also understand thinking the proposal was coming soon and but procrastination rears its ugly head.  I was 90% positive I would be engaged this summer since that was his original goal.  Now I am not sure  when it will happen.  All I can say is that the frustration you feel right now will get better in time. 
  • edited December 2011
    Aw Tiff I can understand how you feel. My BF has a mistress and her name is college football ;o)HAHAHAHAH...unfortunately, my BF is in love with pro-football. One of his friends called me a football widow last Sunday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    BF and his best friend play a tabletop strategy game with miniatures every Sunday.  Without fail.  If we are in town that game is more important than food or anything else we might have needed to do.  It's a constant source of conflict for us, but I try to deal with it and just treat it like a boys' night.Recently BF's best friend has acquired a girlfriend, and we dubbed ourselves the Warhammer Widows.  Yes it's cheesy and awful, but at least I now have someone to have fun with on Sundays when BF is MIA from 10am-7pm or later.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Tiff, it only takes like 5 minutes to propose. He could do it any time. So, enjoy the suspense! Afterward, you'll be like "Umm... now what?" and then it gets stressful.My FI proposed in our living room right before we left to find a baby shower gift for our friends. He always said he'd plan something big and unusual and romantic.... but when it came down to it and he had the ring in his pocket.... he just couldn't wait.So, basically, ignore everything your BF says. Enjoy being excited (and even frustrated) because it'll be done before you know it and this thing only happens once (well, theoretically speaking).
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i know how you feel. my boyfriend is in love with college football [i joke with him and tell him he love the florida gators more than me!] AND i'm pretty sure he holds the title as king of procrastination. we have been talking about him moving in with me for the last 6 months and only in the last month or so has he finally really started bringing s substantial amount of his things over. it takes A LOT of patience.
  • edited December 2011
    Notre dame fan, so anyone beating USC makes me happy.Just slap him upside the head and tell him to stop being a ninny.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tulaqtulaq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm at UW! that game was a big deal...and procrastinating boys can be really annoying. So long as you're not upset I guess you should just count your blessings that he's talking and thinking about it that much...surely getting his act together and buying that ring can't be far behind.
    "Don't treat your heart like an action figure, wrapped in plastic and never used." --Amy Poehler ribs
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards