Not Engaged Yet
Options

TMI, I hate my BC

So I  have been on the same BC pill for about 2.5 years now and my period would come like clockwork. The past couple months though it has come later and later in the week. It's freaking me out. I just think it's weird that it's happening now, so far into me taking the pill.

Has anyone had any weird things like this happen while on BC? Random changes in your reactions way after you have adjusted to the pill?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TMI, I hate my BC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup- One month my period starting coming a day, to a day and a half later. It was weird but now that is the new norm! My bc also makes me crazy hormonal and beyotchy the week before my period. I tell you- if one day I find out I can't even have kids, I'm going to be so mad I wasted how many years on this stuff...!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No breakthrough bleeding. I am just a huge worrier, so when it doesn't come right on time my mind jumps to conclusions and I stress for a little while...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Actually the week before last was my "sugar pill" week. I normally have my period the last 4 days of that week. Well, this time I didn't start until the last day of the pack and then ran over by 2 days into the next pack. It freaked me out for sure. I'm not supposed to get another pap until next year (doc says every 2 years now for my age), but i'm thinking about making an appointment to discuss this since it's the 3rd time in the last year this has happened. I've been on the same BC for about 4 years now...
  • Options
    tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    A few years ago I had a huge switch in reaction to the pill I take. Totally jumped to the conlclusion that I was pregnant, unmarried and barely employed. I was very mean to my FI for those few days of worry. Poor guy. Anyways, it was just that one random month. I don't get why, because I've been on the same pill for like 5 years now.

I'm with Orange, if it turns out it was all for nothing, I'll surely punch the next scientist I see! ;)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. It's good to hear I'm definitely not the only one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

When I was on the pill, I was miserable. I couldn't lose weight, I was depressed and it made me feel just awful. I was never regular to begin with and I was hoping it would help, but it didn't. I would either not get it at all or I would get it for two days.

I quit the pill because I lost my job and couldn't afford it any longer, and I'm just as irregular as ever. The last time I got my period was either August or September, but before that I hadn't gotten it since February.

I have no idea what's going on in there! I'm thinking about getting Mirena once my health insurance kicks in and I can afford to see a doc.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup- I had something similar before. Body chemisty can always change. It also reacts to new stressors...like...hrm... getting engaged and planning a wedding? Wink

I think all is well! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tmi-hate-bc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:10fda1fa-b003-4f95-a200-57946c5d0389Post:3c2b3021-4e58-40a3-8dad-6f82e9463f3a">Re: TMI, I hate my BC</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yup- One month my period starting coming a day, to a day and a half later. It was weird but now that is the new norm! <strong>My bc also makes me crazy hormonal and beyotchy the week before my period. </strong>I tell you- if one day I find out I can't even have kids, I'm going to be so mad I wasted how many years on this stuff...!
    Posted by orangehills[/QUOTE]

<div>I switched to Yaz because of this.  Seriously, whatever I was on before that turned me into a monster the week before and of.  I'd go from laughing to crying to screaming within an hour.  It was ridiculous.</div><div>
    </div><div>And then I got on NuvaRing because I can't remember to take a pill.  And then I lost my BC because of health insurance.  Hello condoms!  I'm going back for a new script soon though :)</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have the Mirena IUD and unfortunately, I'm apparently one of those people for whom my period doesn't completely go away. I just have spotting for several days in a row at a completely unpredictable interval.

However, it's way better than the pill (crazy) or nothing at all (extreme cramps).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny BC is a topic today . . . I've been considering going OFF the pill for awhile now.  I've been on it for so long and I really don't even know what my body would do if I wasn't on it since I've basically been on one pill or another since my early twenties (13-ish years!).  BF and I have talked about it and he would like for me to go off it as well if that's what I want to do.  So - the issue?  I REALLY don't want to get pregnant before we're married.  I guess it's kind of silly since we're both in our 30s, financially stable and already live together.  I just would prefer to do things "in order" for whatever reason.  Real Simple had a whole article about different birth controls - most of them are hormonal which is what I don't want.  There's also a non-hormonal IUD but I don't think I'm a good candidate for it because of some previous issues.  THEN there's condoms; the article said they shouldn't be used for birth control since they aren't very reliable due to incorrect usage or failure to use them.  TMI but BF and I have never used them together and I'm not crazy about them.
    Anyway, anyone have any other non-hormonal recommendations?

Oh - and more on the original topic - I've been on 5 different pills over the years because as I got older, my body changed and I needed different things.  What worked for me originally eventually caused a lot of breakthrough bleeding, one formula made me COMPLETELY bitchy and I had no libido whatsoever, one cause me to break out . . . anyway, I'm on a general for Yasmin now and that seems to be ok.  Not great but hey, I haven't gotten accidentally knocked up so far!!  I would see your doc about changing your pill and see if that helps.
  • Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    It's still hormonal, but have you considered trying Nuva Ring? My body did not tolerate pills for multiple reasons--the number one problem being mood swings. Nuva Ring was better, but it still made me a little crazy.

I was going to get the copper IUD, but my doctor recommended trying Mirena. It has hormones but in pretty low doses. I've had it for a year and a half now, and when I first got it, I told H he was on "crazy watch," but it doesn't seem to affect my mood.  I have a pretty low libido without hormones, but Mirena didn't seem to make it any worse.
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I've tried Depo, Nuvaring, & a quite a few different BCP (Loestrin, Seasonale, Seasonique, Ortho Tri-Cylcen Lo to name a few) over the past 10 years (wow I can't believe I've been having sex for 10 years).  

Anyways, Depo was awful for me after being on it for a while, I didn't personally like the Nuvaring, & most of the BCP I took made me freakin nuts because of the hormones.  

Meg, I'm the same as you, FI & I have never used condoms.  

Right now I'm on Microgestin FE 1/20 which is the generic version of Loestrin 1/20.  It's a super low-dose BCP & I feel like a normal person since I've been taking them for about 2 years now (switched to generic once it became available).  I also should mention I don't get my period on this at all.  My doctor ok'ed me for skipping the sugar pills or whatever at the end of the month so that's what I do.  I don't have any spotting or breakthrough bleeding or anything.  I honestly don't even get cramps anymore & don't really feel PMS-y at all ever.  

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've actually been going through something similar - I've been on 4 different pills over the past year.  Mine just stopped working in sync with my body.  (Think menopause symptoms at 25.  And random/no periods.)  

Two things I would recommend: Start taking notes as to when you get it.  Or if you don't.  Just note dates/times/length/anything unusual.  Then I would go to your doc or gyn. and let them know what you've been expericing and give them the info you've collected.  That info alone can be enough to help get a start on what might work better for you.  Also, discuss other alternatives to BCP.  Sometimes there's another way to do it that might jive better for you. :)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tmi-hate-bc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:10fda1fa-b003-4f95-a200-57946c5d0389Post:0b124898-04ee-441c-a3e0-552013fe5579">Re: TMI, I hate my BC</a>:
    [QUOTE] I don't know that I've ever heard anyone ever say they SHOULDN'T be used for birth control.  In fact, that seems really really inaccurate and like terrible advice.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Well, the article said condoms shouldn't be used primarily for birth control but more as a back up to the pill or another method. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards