Not Engaged Yet
Options

No longer MIA!

Hello my lovely NEY ladies!! I have been AWOL for the last couple of weeks, with work and the holidays and everything. Plus I can't figure out how to post on here with my new stupid phone (I still miss my iPhone on a daily basis, but Droid & I are getting better), so when I am out of town, I simply read, and wish I could reply!! So, a few things...

1. The holidays were pretty good. I only got home to Maine for about 2.5 days, which sucked. I didn't even spend one night at my parent's house, so it was the first time in my life I didn't wake up there on Christmas morning. It was a little bittersweet... there was good reasoning for not staying there (having Christmas with BF's family - he has two young nephews, so Christmas morning is a big deal), but it was just strange to realize that I am actually grown up & priorities have changed.

We spent most of the time driving from one place to the next, seeing my family, his family, back & forth. BF has a huge family (his mom is one of 12!) so we hung out with some of them Christmas Eve, and then had another family gathering in the evening on Christmas Day. I got to spend some good time with my parents, grandparents & siblings though too, so overall it was a good time. Just far too short.

2. I haven't AWed my Secret Santa gift yet!! Sunbird gave me an Amazon gift card (for my love of books - and which I probably should have put towards the Hunger Games box set that I purchased... more on that later) and jewelry from her line :-) So, I'd like to publicly thank her for that, since I haven't yet!! Also, my SS gift still hasn't been completed, so Erin, I apologize!! I'm so glad you like your coasters - but I still have the second part - with traveling for work & the holidays, I haven't had time to get to the post office to send it out, but I promise I will go tomorrow!! It'll be worth the wait :-)

3. I finally started The Hunger Games. I read book #1 in a day & a half. When I got home from my work trip to Miami, I went & bought the whole box set (because then I could have all three books in hardcover... I'm kind of a dork like that) - and I didn't go to sleep til after 1 a.m. last night because I couldn't stop reading #2. I haven't been this enthralled in a series since Harry Potter - so I'm really excited that I have all three books so I don't have to wait for the next one to come out like with HP!! So maybe it's good that I'm late to the game. ;-) I'm really looking forward to the movie - I think the casting looks genius (Lenny Kravitz as Cinna!! Woody Harrelson as Haymitch!?! Perfection.) and I can't wait to see it transformed. Are other HG fans as excited for it as I am??

4. BF & I are doing much better than we were a few weeks ago. Seeing each other a bunch before and during the holidays definitely helped, but we also talked about a lot of things, and are on the same page. We know it's going to be hard, but we also know that it's what we both want, so we are both in it for the long haul. He was more worried about me, and how I handle the distance/time separation, I think because he's dated people who haven't handled it well in the past. But he knows that I'm different, which is why we started this relationship to begin with, and we both know that it will all be worth it in the end. His promotion will require less time on the road for him, and I'm hoping that my promotion will eventually help me land a better job back in Maine, so hopefully things keep moving in a positive direction.

I think that's it for now! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season :-) Also, thank you all for welcoming me into this community with open arms. You all are so wonderful, and I know I am making lasting friendships here. Last night, DWest posted a quote from the Notebook on FB, and it was exactly what I needed, exactly when I needed it... that's kind of the epitome of you all... there's always someone there, no matter what the situation. I just love you guys, dammit!! :-)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: No longer MIA!

• Options
    I've been missing you here and liking all of your status' on FB about Maine and your love!  I'm so happy that you had a great time at home even if it was shorter than you would have liked!  Love you too, Bri! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Happy to hear your holidays were wonderful and that you and BF are doing better!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    Welcome Back, Bri! :) 
    I'm glad to hear things with your BF are getting better :)
    Also, yay for seeing family!

I haven't read the HG series yet - I just haven't had time for a whole lot lately. Hopefully soon though!
  • Options
    Welcome back! I'm so glad that things are much better with you and BF. Hopefully they'll continue to get better throughout the year.

• Options
    I'm glad you and your man are doing better! : )

I just started The Hunger Games too and am addicted! I didn't realize there was a movie coming out! I'm so excited right now, lol. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the second book, but only because it was 1 am last night before I could tear myself away so I could work this morning. Work gets in the way of everything, lol.

-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Ely, I was so tired this morning because I stayed up reading so late!! But I couldn't stop!! She really gets you with the hook at the end of one chapter so you HAVE to keep reading!! I can't even remember which chapter it was, but I audibly gasped... I don't think I've ever turned the page faster, haha.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_longer-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:11b68f3f-49ef-4814-ba97-18f7e17a1bffPost:5b927220-f11a-46f9-8d5c-8ecb6834f6e4">Re: No longer MIA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ely, I was so tired this morning because I stayed up reading so late!! But I couldn't stop!! She really gets you with the hook at the end of one chapter so you HAVE to keep reading!! I can't even remember which chapter it was, but I audibly gasped... I don't think I've ever turned the page faster, haha.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean! I did that too, but for me it was the second book during the tour and the peacekeepers disciplined the old man in District 11. I don't want to say too much, but I can't wait until I'm off work so I can get back to reading, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    Yaga - we should meet at the Palisades or somewhere in between the City & Albany!!

Ely - that was one of them, haha. I don't want to say too much either because I'm not sure where I am/where you are... but we'll have to discuss when we're both done! :-)

Liv - I love you too, Spicebush ;-)

Everyone else - thanks for the good wishes :-) You all helped me get through that funk, and I SO appreciate it. Hopefully only good updates from now on!

• Options
    haha!! It's in Nyack, just North of the city in Rockland County. You crazy city people with no cars... but yes, let's plan a g2g, because we aren't very far at all!

• Options
    Glad to hear things are going well with your BF & you had a great holidays.  I loved the hunger games as well, such good books. I can't wait for the movies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    I watch the movie trailer this morn and can already see where thing are going to differ. I am 1/3 into the third book and would have all three done by now if it were not for the marathon dating I have been doing the past week. (all different people I had put off till after the holiday!!!) I am staying in tonight and reading the second book!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I just finished the second book of The Hunger Games last night and I just couldn't handle it, so even though it was already 11 PM, I got up and bought the 3rd book and read the first two chapters. I can't believe how hooked I am in this series! I definitely can't wait for the movies either! Last night I finished 2 and just kinda put the kindle down to let everything sink in. FI was making fun of me because I was upset that I didn't know what happened so he was actually the one who suggested going to buy it and reading the first chapter to put my mind at ease, lol. I try explaining the book to him, but like Twilight, it never sounds as cool as when you're reading it, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_longer-mia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:11b68f3f-49ef-4814-ba97-18f7e17a1bffPost:8b2da7ca-7b82-4d9d-ad60-1f39b80cbe97">Re: No longer MIA!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No longer MIA! : I'll be honest, I have no idea where that is. :P  I also don't have a car!  <strong>But we should definitely try to plan a g2g.  (Hmmmm I believe Rdr has a car... and she's close to me.)</strong>
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>I do & yes, please!! You know I'm the G2G hoar :)</div><div>
    </div><div>So glad you're doing well, Bri!!! </div>

• Options
    I got the HG books for Christmas, I haven't started them yet because I'm finishing another book, but I can't wait to read them! I've even considered reading the HG books before finishing my current book but I like finishing books before starting new ones.

Bri - I LOVE the coasters! I'm excited for part 2 =)

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012
    Yay Bri!!! That's awesome that you had a great Christmas and that things are so good with the BF. You guys are too cute :) I missed you!!
  • Options
    Oh, Ely, now you've got me excited... I FORCED myself to put the book down at 1130 last night, because I HAD to get some sleep. I can't wait to get home from work & start reading again!! And that's why I just went ahead & bought the box set, because I knew I wouldn't be able to wait when I was done. Now I'm going to be thinking about it all day!! haha!

rdr - okay, you hoar, let's get something together!! ;-)

Erin - I'm not slow, I'm just extending your Christmas :-) Who doesn't like getting presents weeks after the holiday?! ;-)

• Options
    I got more time with the second book as work was slow.... I am getting mad every time a call comes in now! Cant they see I am trying to read?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards