Not Engaged Yet
Options

Update on my dad's cancer treatment

So, I posted a little more than a month ago about my dad testing positive for a cancerous gene that can be treated by oral medication. He was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer two and a half years ago and has been fighting with chemo until the cancer became unresponsive. He was fighting the insurance company for coverage for the oral medication and I just got the news today that...

HE GOT APPROVED!! And there will not be any consequences or penalties to his existing coverage! He's been on it for a week and a half now and, besides a skin rash which is normal, he's doing great! 

My dad has a fighting chance! Thank you so so so so so very much for your thoughts and prayers! I'm not sure if I can thank you enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: Update on my dad's cancer treatment

• Options
    Whoo hoo!  Yay and good news! 
  • Options
    That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your family!! : )

-Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    That is so awesome! I hope the pill works and he kicks cancers ass!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!! Anytime that can be given after a diagnosis like that is wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great news! I hope this treatment is successful and your dad responds well.
  • Options
    Aud, that's awesome news!!! :) 
  • Options
    Im so glad to hear about this. I hope this drug really works for him!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    That's great news!!
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Awesome! Which drug is it?

• Options
    That is so great!  This has been a great week for you!!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_update-on-my-dads-cancer-treatment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:12eea27a-7fcf-4678-b05f-0961f463bcf3Post:4938a777-b9c8-4ca4-81a2-739e947308f6">Re: Update on my dad's cancer treatment</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome! Which drug is it?
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!! This week has rocked and it's only Tuesday!</div><div>
    </div><div>Stillwell, it's called Tarceva. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    That's good to hear :)  I hope everything goes well with it.
  • Options
    That is so great to hear! Keeping my fingers crossed & still sending vibes to your dad!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_update-on-my-dads-cancer-treatment?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:12eea27a-7fcf-4678-b05f-0961f463bcf3Post:49883851-9e40-4083-8e3b-01f26c21bdbd">Re: Update on my dad's cancer treatment</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Update on my dad's cancer treatment : Stillwell, it's called Tarceva. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

We use Tarceva/erlotinib in a few of our studies. Rash is a huge thing, but it's pretty much the only big side effect that I can think of (if that's not enough). I think I've seen some hand/foot on it too. It's good though! We use it in combination with experimental agents.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards