Not Engaged Yet
Options

Help me choose a class to take tonight!

I just joined a gym yesterday and I need to get myself in the habit of actually going. They have lots of classes to take and for tonight I have narrowed it down to two options. Cardio Circuit (its an aqua class) or Gentle Yoga (it says it's a senior friendly class and according to my fitness test I'm in the lowest range for flexibility so it would hopefully be easy enough for me). 

I'm feeling exhausted to begin with today but I know I have to go or else I'll just be wasting my money. 
Which would you do? Or would you skip the classes all together and just do a regular work out? 
Does anyone else take classes at the gym?
Anyone else feeling extremely lazy today and just want to stay in bed and do nothing?

Re: Help me choose a class to take tonight!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    go with the Gentle Yoga!  I would love to take a class like that...  plus, since you're feeling exhausted, it'll be a wonderful way to end your day.
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looooove Gentle Yoga, and I actually love all the older ladies who take it too :) They're so friendly and sweet!
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I basically have no idea, but since you quilt...you should help me pick a quilting class :)

I'm going to the Mid-eastern quilting festival (or something like that) by Mancuso.

I guess I have like 2 months to turn in my class selection, but I can't decide.  There are too many!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup- Gentle Yoga- and then you might even feel energized to do some cardio afterwards.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    thejucheideathejucheidea member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I do classes 90% of the time. I usually do spin but will occasionally do an aqua class. There was one aqua class at a different YMCA that was totally badass. The teacher was vicious. The Y where I go now, however, only has aqua classes designed for seniors, so it doesn't do much for me.

I've been lazy the last couple of days because of work and sh*ttons of rain, but if I get out of work on time today, I'm gonna go to spin.

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I prefer classes to working out on my own. Usually I would go with the aqua if I had to pick just one, but since you said you're already feeling tired I'll say Gentle yoga.

I've been wanting to do more yoga, but time and money being what they are, I can't join a class right now. Does anyone do any yoga DVDs?
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only yoga that I've ever done is P90x yoga and that's fairly intense, up to the end when the stretching happens. I always feel amazing after a good stretch like that, so I'd vote the yoga too!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    QuiltingNurseQuiltingNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_choose-class-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:14bee054-340b-4c7f-a8d7-80fc33773739Post:ca56275a-a2c8-4510-b27f-96b066e124c5">Re: Help me choose a class to take tonight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I basically have no idea, but since you quilt...you should help me pick a quilting class :) I'm going to the Mid-eastern quilting festival (or something like that) by Mancuso. I guess I have like 2 months to turn in my class selection, but I can't decide.  There are too many!!
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]

<div>What options do you have for your quilt? I've been looking some up online for my next 'project' but just can't find the time to make them right now :(</div><div>
    </div><div>Where do you take a class for it? I wish I could do some type of class or crafting group but we have next to nothing up here that would offer it.</div><div>
    </div><div>And thanks for the suggestions, I think I will do the gentle Yoga. I've only ever done one yoga class before and I cried (it was hot yoga and the instructor was my friends FI that I really don't like and he singled me out through the entire class) so hopefully this one goes better! I'm excited to try it. The girls at work say this gym is really good about not centering people out and since this is senior friendly I should be able to keep up!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards