Not Engaged Yet

Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers

I saw this and thought of your experience a few months back. I wish I had these DAILY. The people that park in my parking garage are terrible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers

• Wow, these are amazing.  I need to get some to keep in my car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tuarceathatuarceatha member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2012
    lol

ETA: I had an ex bf that used to hand write condescending notes and leave them on people's cars. I would freak if I got caught dropping it off!
  • Next time you ladies have access to vista print just order free business cards and put on it "Hey you.... yes you!  You suck at parking" or whatever way you want to word it.  250 free ones you can hand them out to friends to use :)
  • I would love a stack of these, but in reality I think I'd actually be afraid to leave one.

Anniversary

• Haha. I would probably leave the part about keying your car off though, I would hate for someone to get their car keyed (not by me) and somehow trace the note back to me. I've actually watched a guy driving a diesel truck take up FOUR spots in the Walmart parking lot. Not three way off in the back spots either. He parked right in the middle of two spots, then pulled up 1/2 through the 2 spots in front of him. When I left the store there was a ring of shopping carts around his car and it made me chuckle.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Elle and anyone else who encounters bad parkers:[QUOTE]Next time you ladies have access to vista print just order free business cards and put on it quot;Hey you.... yes you!nbsp; You suck at parkingquot; or whatever way you want to word it.nbsp; 250 free ones you can hand them out to friends to use : Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Genius!
  • The vista print idea is great.  I need a variation on this about compact cars.  Drives me nuts when all the compact spots are taken by Escalades and F150's.

• People suck at parking in Colorado. I could use those on a daily basis!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:5d2ae9f2-1809-453e-a0f6-3860cf06d453">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]The vista print idea is great.  I need a variation on this about compact cars.  Drives me nuts when all the compact spots are taken by Escalades and F150's.
    Posted by echappe[/QUOTE]

How about.... "LIke guys wearing skinny jeans your SUV/Truck doesn't fit in this spot, do eveyone a favor and park in one that fits"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:166a03a0-cc7e-4068-a1a6-e51a24a2a0ba">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers : How about.... "LIke guys wearing skinny jeans your SUV/Truck doesn't fit in this spot, do eveyone a favor and park in one that fits"
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

That's perfect!  I might have to seriously look into this.
  • There used to be a site that sold "Urban Asshole Notification Cards." They were great and covered a variety of topics. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore.

I want to put these on the windows of the idiots who park in the red zone of my complex's lot because all the guest spots are taken. I've tried calling the cops, but unfortunately, it's a private street.
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    Haha!  That's great!

I have left a Post It on someone's car with the words "Nice parking job, Asshole!" on it...

I was having a rough day.
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:b39ffe30-20b1-4daf-b340-3268eabe2386">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]There used to be a site that sold "Urban Asshole Notification Cards." They were great and covered a variety of topics. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore. I want to put these on the windows of the idiots who park in the red zone of my complex's lot because all the guest spots are taken. I've tried calling the cops, but unfortunately, it's a private street.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

When I was living at this one apt. complex I would hear tow trucks coming and going at night towing people parked in handcap spots that didn't have a permit for handicap parking or didn't have a complex parking permit at all.  Does you complex manager have a tow truck company on contract that they can give you the number to?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:853a7bd7-7426-454d-9967-aadc555b252c">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers : When I was living at this one apt. complex I would hear tow trucks coming and going at night towing people parked in handcap spots that didn't have a permit for handicap parking or didn't have a complex parking permit at all.  Does you complex manager have a tow truck company on contract that they can give you the number to?
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

Yes, I could have them towed. I guess I'd rather them get a ticket than be towed, though. I've thought about leaving a warning note, like "You are illegally parked. If you park here again, your car will be towed."
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:0cc5da34-8880-4478-9aa2-8e415c9d65b0">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers : Yes, I could have them towed. I guess I'd rather them get a ticket than be towed, though. I've thought about leaving a warning note, like "You are illegally parked. If you park here again, your car will be towed."
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Being towed would DEFINITELY teach them a lesson, though...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:b1aa380f-f913-4606-81c2-6e7078f7d8aa">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha. I would probably leave the part about keying your car off though, I would hate for someone to get their car keyed (not by me) and somehow trace the note back to me. I've actually watched a guy driving a diesel truck take up FOUR spots in the Walmart parking lot. Not three way off in the back spots either. He parked right in the middle of two spots, then pulled up 1/2 through the 2 spots in front of him. When I left the store there was a ring of shopping carts around his car and it made me chuckle.
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

I needed that laugh :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:b1aa380f-f913-4606-81c2-6e7078f7d8aa">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha. I would probably leave the part about keying your car off though, I would hate for someone to get their car keyed (not by me) and somehow trace the note back to me. I've actually watched a guy driving a diesel truck take up FOUR spots in the Walmart parking lot. Not three way off in the back spots either. He parked right in the middle of two spots, then pulled up 1/2 through the 2 spots in front of him. When I left the store there was a ring of shopping carts around his car and it made me chuckle.
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

I saw a guy do this once too.  It was a craptastic old BMW convertible, there were dents all over, the paint was peeling, the top was all sunrotted, so it's not like he was trying to protect his super awesome car...he was just being a diiick.

He left his windows rolled down too, and I saw someone walk up and dump a bottle of water on his drivers seat.  I managed to see the guy come back out too, get in his car, then get right back out with a wet ass.  The guys that did it were still near there and were laughing their asses off and just shouted "that's what happens when you park like an asshole".  The guy got in his car and peeled out of the parking lot.
    Anniversary
  • Ha!  That's awesome.

...not quite as awesome as my hand-written, majorly passive aggressive note a few months ago, but still awesome.  I may order some.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_elle-and-anyone-else-who-encounters-bad-parkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:17dea5a4-9bf8-4490-829e-29b06fd2a03dPost:0c1f5698-9a0e-4134-ba39-9a3cd756f9fd">Re: Elle - and anyone else who encounters bad parkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha!  That's awesome. ...not quite as awesome as my hand-written, majorly passive aggressive note a few months ago, but still awesome.  I may order some.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

Doesn't vistaprint have an option to upload your own image? You could just upload your own hand-written note and order your business cards just like that. Or do you have to have some sort of typing on it?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • HuckSCHuckSC member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I was so frustrated after a day of work when I came out to my car to find this huge car parked beside my nice small car where I had to get in from the passenger side, I lost it. I was in one of those moods that these people need to know what they did was ridiculous. So I dug out a napkin out of my glove box, I had to find something that didn't have my name on it. I wrote a nice little note about how the residents of this city would like for your to park a little straighter and more in the middle of the parking space. Signed your fellow resident.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards