Not Engaged Yet

Slowly, but surely we're gettin' there...

Well, the BF surprised me this past weekend and decided that we go to a jeweler he had found (on his own) in downtown Evanston (North Shore of Chicago) called Christopher Duquet (http://www.christopherduquet.com).  I couldn't contain my happiness and I felt like a little kid, but I hid it very well Wink

The whole ride there I was super excited and so happy that he's finally getting ready to make that next step.  This is huge for him as you know from my previous post about the economy and his work and money...

We get there and the jeweler was SUPER nice and was not pushy at all.  She gave us all the time we needed and answered all of our questions.  Finally, we sat down with her and she sketched some designs based on our input for my e-ring.  She's a gemologist and was so helpful in explaining everything about their design process, the diamond itself, and her recommendations on what would look nice and what the best options were for the ring.

An hour later, we had the design and the setting price.  All that's left is for him to give her a call and let her know his budget and she'll go and find the diamond.  Oh, the suspense is killing me and I'm trying to be so patient.  There's a $500 deposit, then they go from there and it takes about 3-4 weeks to create the ring. 

When we walked back to the car I had asked him how he felt about the place and he said that he doesn't need to look any further!  When she had mentioned the $500 deposit, he had said he didn't have the cash on him at that exact minute, but he'd be calling her to begin the process.

I'm so excited and it's so hard for me to not wonder when this is all going to take place.  I know I need to be patient and enjoy it so the surprise isn't ruined, but this is a HUGE step and I just wanted to share as a follow-up to my last post.

Here's the style of ring we discussed, although, I'm sure the BF will be adding his uniqueness to it (which I welcome!):

I love the etching and weaving within the actual band itself...

I love the emerald diamond channel setting in this ring...

Basically, a combination of the two, if you can picture that one.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Slowly, but surely we're gettin' there...

• HeartOverMindHeartOverMind member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful ring! And congrats to you and your BF!
    "Why does a girl have to be so silly to catch a husband?" ~~~Scarlett O'Hara Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • breezerbbreezerb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't wait to see pictures when it's done.  Congrats hun!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

*No pony, no I do!*
  • edited December 2011
    Very exciting!  Looking forward to seeing the end result (and hearing the sweet way he comes up to propose - the proposal stories are always my favorite!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    How exciting!  I hope you get it quickly!
  • edited December 2011
    Very exciting!  I love the rings!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • TopazAngelTopazAngel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, it looks gorgeous in my head! Congrats, that's so much fun!

I'm impressed by your ability to stay calm on the long car ride. It only took us ten minutes to drive home from the jeweler, but I felt like I was going to start twitching from excitement, lol!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful ring! I'm with cate...can't wait to hear the proposal story! Those are also my favorite!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I'll keep you all posted...  Believe me, the suspense is killing me with each day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards