Say What??

Umm ok...

Stroke turns straight man gay(Clicky)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Say What??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ok...

I'd have to agree with the doctors in the article and say its more likely that the stroke didn't turn him gay, but that he finally came out/ "realized" he was gay after the stroke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The brain can do weird things when it malfunctions like that.

I heard a news story once that a woman had a stroke, went into a coma, and woke up with a British accent. She can't get rid of it, and she's never been to England in her entire life. No one can explain it.

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Could you imagine being his fiance. You sit there and worry about him and he wakes up and wants nothing to do with you.
    -Ely

• Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_say-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ff9bfdf-4ccc-4aba-a0d3-783b61750586Post:7771eb12-055b-4706-b4e2-d01c71ca7963">Re: Say What??</a>:
    [QUOTE]The brain can do weird things when it malfunctions like that. I heard a news story once that a woman had a stroke, went into a coma, and woke up with a British accent. She can't get rid of it, and she's never been to England in her entire life. No one can explain it.
    Posted by bsidebella[/QUOTE]

That's so strange! I'd want an Irish accent if I could wake up with one ... or to be able to roll my r's really well for my Spanish, lol.
    -Ely

• Options
    doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ummmm I don't buy it.  I mean I'm not 100% sure that there isn't some medical complication from having the stroke that COULD have led to a change in personality but that's 180 degrees turn around.  I think it was an easy excuse to not have to be the manly man any more.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is it, weird crap day?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, we have no idea what makes a straight person straight and a gay person gay, so while I wouldn't bet that the stroke turned him gay, I also wouldn't bet against it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_say-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1ff9bfdf-4ccc-4aba-a0d3-783b61750586Post:8bdddfd9-7dbc-4430-8653-ae2f875c2130">Re: Say What??</a>:
    [QUOTE]ummmm I don't buy it.  I mean I'm not 100% sure that there isn't some medical complication from having the stroke that COULD have led to a change in personality but that's 180 degrees turn around.  I think it was an easy excuse to not have to be the manly man any more.
    Posted by doubleSS07[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Having a stroke is getting "an easy excuse"? I can't imagine anyone being so unhappy that their first thought upon recovering from a stroke is "hey, great, now I have an excuse to make a change."

I kinda buy it. The brain is an immensely complex organ, and it controls every aspect of our personalities. We're only just starting to understand how the different areas of the brain affect behavior, hormone production, perception, etc. I don't think this story is that far-fetched at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards