Not Engaged Yet
Options

***tafft*** & Anyone Else Who Wants to See!!! (PiP)

I don't have the full-on costume just yet, but I know you wanted to see pictures of my steampunk costume!

For those who don't know, "steampunk" is a science-fiction/fantasy genre that combines the Victorian era in terms of style with WW2-era technology.

Ignore my ugly face and frizzy hair ...

Front and back of dress (no sewing, by the way, everything is hot-glued!). This is actually a reworked pirate wench costume, with a handmade "petticoat" underneath and fabric added to the top to make it look more like a corset. It's tied using D-rings and a gold cord. I added a padlock as decoration. See the bow in the back? ;) Also, the pickups are decorated with silver buttons.

Victorian-style high-heeled boots, bought at a rummage sale for pennies (old groddy laces removed, replaced with white lace)

My medallion, made from clock pieces! The silver button on the top is the same style of button in my skirt pickups.

Earrings, also made from clock pieces and chains

Missing from pictures: I have fishnet gloves with the tips cut off, as well as a cameo choker necklace that I made, and my utility belt, which isn't finished (shame, by the way, because my utility belt is badass). I also have a miniature top hat with a veil I will be wearing, and fishnet stockings.

I am so super proud of this, I don't think I have ever put this much work into a costume!!!

image 170 Invited (holy crap!)

image 98 are coming to party!

image 29 have other plans

image 43 need to respond!

Daisypath Wedding tickers

"Bside - You're just too sexy for your own good" ~ leia1979

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg

Re: ***tafft*** & Anyone Else Who Wants to See!!! (PiP)

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    AWESOME!  Good job.  You really put a ton of work into this!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Looks great! I love that it's hot-glued, that made me lol :)
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That looks so good! I'm impressed!
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's so cool! My brother and his gf are going as steam punk theme too. I had no idea what it was until a few weeks ago!!

It looks great! You can tell you put a lot of work into it! : )
    -Ely

• Options
    leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love it. Those boots are hot. You should wear them again. The steampunk details are amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can not wait to see final pictures!!!! So cool!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tafft-anyone-else-wants-see-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20a963a7-af49-45c3-b636-4930a4c675c3Post:ed1aa42f-c863-4f7f-916d-0b35703547dc">Re: ***tafft*** & Anyone Else Who Wants to See!!! (PiP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love it. <strong>Those boots are hot. You should wear them again.</strong> The steampunk details are amazing!
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I couldn't believe when I found them that they were my size! They are super comfortable, too, though I probably will replace the lace after Halloween.

"True love = I still love you even though we hang out all the time and most other people would be tired of each other already" ~ flygirlmeg
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously amazing !! Someday I have promsied myself that I will put the time into a steampunk costume , for now this will have to do. Awesome job and work !! Heading to work so this is short but thanks for posting pics , you look awesome!!
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tafft-anyone-else-wants-see-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:20a963a7-af49-45c3-b636-4930a4c675c3Post:5d9956c5-3f3d-4dd4-9da2-591c740481f7">Re: ***tafft*** & Anyone Else Who Wants to See!!! (PiP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Seriously amazing !! Someday I have promsied myself that I will put the time into a steampunk costume , for now this will have to do. Awesome job and work !! Heading to work so this is short but thanks for posting pics , you look awesome!!
    Posted by tafft1[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!! I will post final look pictures probably tomorrow - I have a party tonight and tomorrow, so I will be in full dress :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards