Not Engaged Yet
Options

Christmas-related issues

First, BF wants to take me on some special date for Christmas. I'm not exactly sure what that entails but he did want me to think up some romantic date ideas I always wanted to do if we ever could, preferably something fancy, and wanted to talk to my parents about it to surprise me.

Second, I want to get him something really nice for Christmas and have no idea what to get. I have bought/ made several sentimental gifts in our four years together. He loves video games but has or is getting every game and system he wants. He needs some new clothes but I would rather get him something else since I'm quite sure his parents are getting him those. He's not into sports or anything and doesn't drink. Any ideas on this or the previously mentioned date?
I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Re: Christmas-related issues

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This isn't really fancy but I'm a big fan of ice-skating and picnics (yes, in the snow). I have no ideas for gifts, I'm still trying to figure out something for my BF. He is so hard to shop for.

• Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So far, BF is getting a proper beer glass and a trail guide for an area a bit North-West of here that he likes to hike in. I clearly need some new inspiration. 

Last year I got him an iPod (which he specifically asked for). He loves it! The year before I got him the most amazingly soft housecoat, among other things. 

I think more important than getting something kinda flashy is getting him something he'll actually like, appreciate, and use. Even better if it's something he wouldn't buy for himself. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    What about a road trip for his gift? Is there a concert he wants to see or something fun you could do that's only a drive away? If he's already got all of the video game "stuff' he can use you might be better off to buy him an experience rather than a "thing".

Don't read too much in to the first part of your post. You'll only be disappointed if it really is just cool Christmas date and not a proposal (because that's what you're really asking us, right?).
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the roadtrip/concert/some kind of experience gift is a great idea. Something you can both share together and look forward to.

I also have no idea what to get BF for Christmas yet...besides possibly a remote control helicopter (he really wants one, lol) so I'm not much help.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_christmas-related-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:24641b25-a1bb-4421-9953-33b5882023fcPost:a95a4d63-801c-4d34-a8e7-0d8f32a5cfe4">Re: Christmas-related issues</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the roadtrip/concert/some kind of experience gift is a great idea. Something you can both share together and look forward to. I also have no idea what to get BF for Christmas yet...<strong>besides possibly a remote control helicopter</strong> (he really wants one, lol) so I'm not much help.
    Posted by kellyt89[/QUOTE]

I literally LOLed to this... haha that's awesome. Would you be mad if I stole your idea? Because I sooo what to get FI that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, and to actually answer your question, I agree with beth in that ice skating is a great idea for a romantic date. Maybe ice skating and then dinner in your home with a fire going and then hot chocolate :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    zomgbaconzomgbacon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    (I realize I'm new to the board, so take this with a grain of salt if you wish.)

My BF is really into computer games, so I bought him a faster video card and a nice widescreen monitor.

As for the date ideas, my idea of a fancy date is dinner and a symphony. I love getting dressed up to go out, but BF hates it. His idea of "dressed up" is a black button-down shirt with black jeans. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    freebread03freebread03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    What about a watch?  I've bought my fiance three different watches in the time we've been together, and he loves all of them.  I actually got him a Burberry watch when we got engaged--I always told him when we got engaged he'd get something too :)
  • Options
    fridaysdancefridaysdance member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't really asking if you all thought he was going to propose. I just need date ideas because we've been together for so long and gone so many places that I don't know how to plan a "proper" date anymore. Anywho, loving the gift ideas. To anybody wondering about the helicopter, I got BF a hover drone last year for his birthday and he had a blast with it.
    I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards