Not Engaged Yet
Options

AW: My dress!! PIP

Edited to remove pictures.

Hi ladies!  I've been MIA since I was in TX visiting my mom to go dress shopping!  

In the dressing room.  My mom INSISTED I try this dress on.  It was hideous, as I knew it would be.  She listened to me after that.  :)

Here's my dress!  What do you think?? 
(Please ignore the odd faces)
This is the dress in white, which was a better fit:

This is the dress with light gold lace and ivory fabric underneath, which is the one I am getting.  I think the color looks much better on my skin tone. 

The dress comes with an option for a corset back, which I will be getting. 

And here is the veil my mom is making for me!

IMG_6364
"Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg

Re: AW: My dress!! PIP

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

You look so beautiful!!  <3  I have the scalloped sweet heart neckline too!  <3

"Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!! Love the neckline and I like the ivory color better, too.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Raven - I love the scalloped sweetheart too!!  If you notice, the lace on the veil is also scalloped to match.  :)
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SKP!  It's gorgeous!  I love the lace - seriously, it's amazing.

Now, if you don't mind me asking, can I have the designer?  <3
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:9474f328-7832-496b-8fd5-16ab03fa37b1">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]SKP!  It's gorgeous!  I love the lace - seriously, it's amazing. Now, if you don't mind me asking, can I have the designer?  <3
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

DD
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's beautiful.  You look amazing.  Holy cow I can't wait for your wedding.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:7e32b8af-6cc4-4172-8ec8-99312d384902">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's beautiful.  You look amazing.  Holy cow I can't wait for your wedding.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Aww!  Thanks hun!  BTW, I added you on FB after seeing your comment on Lunar's status.  ;)

ETA: Raven, I added you too.
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lovely! Seriously. It's sooo so pretty.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yay! You look gorgeous!! Congrats on finding it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That dress looks amazing on you. Seriously. 

It looks better on you than the model from the link :)
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:c2f8034d-f4ad-40d9-80ed-1472759060c9">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]That dress looks amazing on you. Seriously.  <strong>It looks better on you than the model from the link :)
    </strong>Posted by mymissingpuzzlepiece[/QUOTE]

That is so super sweet.  <3
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:da6d5531-2b55-4189-ae6b-b830e121f9df">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raven - I love the scalloped sweetheart too!!  If you notice, the lace on the veil is also scalloped to match.  :)
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]
    Yes I did!  Your mom is doing an amazing job!    Thanks! 
    BTW I don't see you on FB?  Maybe you added someone else?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:80d57ed4-227f-45d5-b169-d189ebc5d1e7">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: My dress!! PIP : Yes I did!  Your mom is doing an amazing job!    Thanks!  BTW I don't see you on FB?  Maybe you added someone else?
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Raven - YGPM
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:b6050277-7af8-4f55-b7ec-36dbcc6e4ee2">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: My dress!! PIP : Raven - YGPM
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]
    Back at ya!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-dress-pip-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2754b729-f9df-43e9-94a8-6b7220a89a24Post:6b8851a8-3ee2-4bbc-b6c4-f88bc0476eae">Re: AW: My dress!! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: My dress!! PIP : Back at ya!
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Back and done! :)
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GORGEOUS!! I love the neckline and the veil your mom is making is so pretty. You look beautiful in it.
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look gorgeous, SKP! That dress is stunning on you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!!  Looks great on you :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, I love that deep, scalloped neckline! And the lace! SO PRETTY!!!!!!

You look beautiful, darling. <3

*SQUEEEEE!!!!!*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress looks fantastic on you! I adore the ivory shade on your skin tone as you mentioned and the deep sweetheart is just very flattering on you ! Goregous and what a find !
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So pretty!

Anniversary

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful SKP!!!

SO EXCITING!!!!!!

• Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super gorgeous! I love the neckline/lace/color.

...and that your mom is making you a veil. Though I'm not going to lie, in my early morning uncaffeinated state, I was like, why is the veil green?!  *facepalm* At least I was only confuzzled for a second or two... I'm going to go find some coffee! :)
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I haven't purchased it yet, but will do the next time they're having a big sale.  :)
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SKP, you look so beautiful! I love the neckline and shape of your dress. It fits you very well and you seem to be comfortable in it which is important. How sweet/special that your mom is making your veil for you?!? Love!
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    edited December 2011
    Holy hotness Batman! You look so gorgeous!!!! That dress looks made for you, I love it!!!! I'm legit squeeing over here :)
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I am getting even more excited now!  :)
    IMG_6364
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's SOOO PURTY! I'm totally in love with your dress and you! And I agree- I think it looks better on you then the model too!!

Swoon! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it on your wedding day!! YAY!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards