Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday Questions

Inspired by meeting Lunar for my first IRL knottie meetup, answer me these questions three...

1. Have you ever met a knottie IRL?

2. If so, who was your first? Who was your most recent? If not, would you ever consider doing so?

3. If you have met a knottie IRL, was it a good experience? Was the person the same IRL as they are online?

And just for a little more Monty Python humor...

Re: Monday Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can finally say yes to this! I just met Lunar on Friday.

2. If so, who was your first? Who was your most recent? If not, would you ever consider doing so?
    Lunar was my first and only. aw...haha

3. If you have met a knottie IRL, was it a good experience? Was the person the same IRL as they are online?
    It was a great experience meeting Lunar IRL! She is very much the same funny & happy person she is online. We saw Mr. Popper's Penguins and chowed down on some awesome burgers after. I would love to meet more knotties after this experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-questions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27ab2060-5348-46a5-9983-d0399ed0785aPost:5f1e02b7-5bbc-4e4d-8163-ecd2ddfb2942">Re: Monday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. No. :( 2. Yes.<strong> 3. I already said I haven't met anyone! Rub it in why don't you!
    </strong>Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

::Sad Face::

Sorry Liv! I would totally LOVE to meet you IRL if we ever cross each other's paths. I stalk your blog daily...so that almost counts! Right?
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't, but Beads and I live so close that we've talked about doing it sometime.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met an ex-Knottie. She was very fun, and I'd love to meet more.
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    No :Sad Face:
    I haven't! :( But I absolutely would!
    Gaaaah, rub it in... :(
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I haven't but I want to! There are so many Boston knotties, we really do need to get together sometime. Preferably in or near the city, someplace with drinks, and preferably an outdoor deck/patio type area....

• Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    edited December 2011

Midnighte Rae is coming to SoCal to visit her family at the end of July so we are planning to meet up.

See above.

I'm hoping that it is going to be epic.
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not yet!  But in 8 days I'll be in Minneapolis and I get to meet Marley, Bourgehm/PolkaDot, and someone else.

See the above.  :)

I'll let you know when I meet them :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nope :(

Yes

Not Applicable :P
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     1. Have you ever met a knottie IRL? Nope.

2. If so, who was your first? Who was your most recent? If not, would you ever consider doing so? I would definitely consider doing so. There is only 1 knottie that I know of living near me though, and even she’s not super close, so it’s not exactly practical.

N/A
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Allusive and I had a good time! Hooray! Yes, we had cheezeburgers! Mine was "deep fried" (just the patty)- hey- it was my last meal before weight watchers!

I can't wait to hang out again- hopefully COSmitty and Beth can join us! I think I want to go to the zoo. There is a zoo in Colorado, right?

So here is another question for you all then-
    Have you ever met someone online- a friend or date- and they turned out to be totally different then you expected?

ETA: I also went home and told Andrew about Allusive's BF...He turned to me and was like, "Are you trying to set me up with her boyfriend?" LOL. It made me laugh, but the answer is yes....I think Andrew needs friends. Hehe...Perhaps this needs a S/O.

Oh...and ETA Again:
    I thought maybe I should answer the other part of the question too-
    Allusive is also funny, sweet, and caring just like online! It was totally fun! After dinner- we stood in the parking lot for like an hour just talking and watching some lightning in the distance. She's easy to talk to. Another reason NEY rocks- making IRL friends just when I needed them!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I almost met CDe and GPB, but it ended up not working out.  :(

I would.  I lurrrve you uppity bitchees

N/A.  Rub it in.  Hoar.

• Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

1.) No.
    2.) HALEZ NO.
    3.) j/k about 2, someone come to Detroit so we can be IRL franz..

• Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Nope! I'm still a newb though Wink

Sure would!  Anyone that visits NYC or is near North Jerz, let's meet up!!

Womp Womppppp

• Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-questions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27ab2060-5348-46a5-9983-d0399ed0785aPost:21758e00-f666-4a5e-aa66-2f17985d1ae3">Re: Monday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.) No. 2.) HALEZ NO. 3.) j/k about 2, someone come to Detroit so we can be IRL franz..
    Posted by MLekathLEEN[/QUOTE]

I would meet halfway ^.^ LOL
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1. Have you ever met a knottie IRL? No :(

2. If so, who was your first? Who was your most recent? If not, would you ever consider doing so?  I would consider it, but there aren't many ladies down in this area (save for Oceana).

3. If you have met a knottie IRL, was it a good experience? Was the person the same IRL as they are online?  I think I would be nervous!  Like meeting an online date for the 1st time!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-questions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27ab2060-5348-46a5-9983-d0399ed0785aPost:e35dab2b-969e-4d85-b8a0-7fa1ff7bcee0">Re: Monday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Have you ever met a knottie IRL? Not yet!  But in 8 days I'll be in Minneapolis and I get to meet Marley, Bourgehm/PolkaDot, <strong>and someone else</strong>. 2. If so, who was your first? Who was your most recent? If not, would you ever consider doing so? See the above.  :) 3. If you have met a knottie IRL, was it a good experience? Was the person the same IRL as they are online? I'll let you know when I meet them :)
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Are you keeping this person's identity a secret?  Now I'm curious...
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    1. Yep! 2. Just one so far. I met CSchiano during my trip to Chicago recently. 3. It was great. I loves her. I would how a picture, but I'm knotting from my phone and can't. Maybe I'll come back with it later. There are several more girls here that I'd love to meet. Hopefully I'll add one or two to the list later this year.
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. No. But I'll be meeting Motolyn at the end of July.

2. Yes. 

3. I'm hoping it will be awesome.
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-questions-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:27ab2060-5348-46a5-9983-d0399ed0785aPost:6ad1170b-3473-484c-8304-4432375ee768">Re: Monday Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Questions : Are you keeping this person's identity a secret?  Now I'm curious...
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

Not keeping it a secret, I just have the memory of a goldfish.  I'd SWEAR it was SenioritaCupcake, but I honestly have no idea who else we're meeting.  Marley has it set up :)
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards