Not Engaged Yet

This guy just lost a potential customer - should I say so?

I've been looking into getting my car windows tinted, as I won't be parking in a garage during the day anymore. I read up a bit on the subject via a forum for owners of my car. A number of people have reported reception issues when using metal film because the antenna is embedded in the rear glass, so many people recommend ceramic film.

When I emailed one place to ask about ceramic film, I was told ceramic is too difficult and expensive, and they really pushed a particular film. (Yet another shop simply quoted what I asked for.) I looked up the film he was pushing, which appeared to be metallic, which surprised me, since I figured he'd know this about my very common car. I replied back, "Is that metallic, because I understand it can cause reception issues with my car." This is the response I received:

The Suntek HP charcoal is half metal and half dyed film. We have been using this for over 8 years without any issues. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.
We do the tinting for San Leandro Honda through my San Leandro shop and have never had any issues with Civics.

If he had said all that, but omitted the snarky "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet" line, he might have a customer. But since I was already a bit turned off by the first email, this really pissed me off. I'm not some dumb girl who knows nothing about her car. In fact, when I bought it, I knew far more than the sales guys at the dealership.

So my first instinct was to reply and say his response lost him a potential customer. Is that too much? If so, I can let it go after this little friendly vent.

Re: This guy just lost a potential customer - should I say so?

• I would probably tell him for my own personal satisfaction.

H and I had a really condescending sales lady tell us "you've got to listen to me; I already answered that" when we asked a question about the mattress we were considering, and we walked out.  It was oddly liberating.
  • I would totally say something if I were you. He should know that his attitude has cost him $.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would say something for sure.  
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'd definitely say something.  And if he isn't the owner, I'd notify the owner as well.  He deserves to know when his employees are losing him business.  But, I'm a biiiitch.
    I french with my man
  • I'd say something, but only because it's through email. I don't have the balls to be b!tchy in person. I always end up feeling bad. I realize this logic makes no sense.
  • I would say something.

Anniversary

• I would probably say something. I definitely would in a situation like the one Elle mentioned. I have said stuff to people with attitudes and so forth a few times, drives me nuts.
    5/27/12
  • Hey Leia I would probably say something especially because it was over email. He may not know that he is coming across so condescending and needs a little check.  On a seperate note if you are willing to go to Livermore there is a great tint company called Rocky Mountain Tint.  I've had 2 of my vehicles tinted there and never had any issues and great service.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards