Not Engaged Yet

Anyone around...?

and want to chat? I talked with my mom for a long time today while she was cooking dinner, ate with her and talked some more. Now I finished a book I've been reading about Judaism and now I'm sitting here playing Word Womp on pogo.

BF is visiting a friend who's moving for a new job in 3 days. There's about a million things I could be doing (like unpacking all my stuff...) but I'm not in the mood. Also, the doritos downstairs are calling my name even though I know I'm not hungry. I eat when I'm bored...

Is anyone reading any good books? Any fun sites you use to pass the time when you're feeling lazy?
And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: Anyone around...?

• I haven't read anything in a good long while. It makes me sad. When I'm bored I tend to find random awful made for tv movies on Netflix.

I've had quite the 48 hours. Yesterday I woke up at 5:30am extremely dizzy. I've always suffered from acute benign vertigo, but it usually passes pretty quickly. Yesterday I couldn't shake it. I could barely crawl to the bathroom. FI was at work and wouldn't be home until 9am, so I had to struggle to find my phone to call my mom. Luckily she lives close enough. After I felt stable enough to make it to the car, my mom took me to the ER. They tried some head manuevers that are supposed to possibly help, but just made it worse. They ended up giving me an IV and a few medications. 

I'm feeling better today, but I still just took it easy to be sure. It's not a suprise or anything. My dad has the same thing and was hospitalized last Christmas. They don't know what triggers it, and apparently it's very common. I just know that it sucks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am here and just finished my first drink of the evening. Gin is my friend tonight and since I finally have a day off I plan to enjoy myself tonight and drink as much alcohol as I can tolerate lol. I've been having a terrible day and have been waiting for this all day, it's wonderful! BF is out of town for the week at work and I have no problem with drinking alone!

My way to deal with being bored is to watch Always Sunny in Philly, but I can't watch any more of season 6 until BF gets home since we promised to watch it together :(
  • I'm so sorry you were feeling so dizzy! My BFF/former roommate deals with chronic dizziness and it got so bad that she wasn't able to drive for months. I'm glad you were at least able to get some relief after going to the hospital. I wish they could figure out why that happens to you!

I don't have netflix but I usually watch stuff on hulu but I've caught up on everything and have to wait until after the holidays now. I wish there would be a new episode of Castle, I'd love to watch that right now.
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • After 5 glasses of wine and a stupid fight Monday night I had a big talk with BF about how my drinking is becoming a problem because of how it interacts with my medication (ahem...badly). I'm giving it a rest indefinitely.

One of my friends (and her BF) loves gin and tonics, especially Bombay Saphire when she can afford it. Do you drink gin alone or with mixers?

I'm sorry you had a bad day :(. Usually when that happens to me I eat 1/2 a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos. lol
  • I have been sitting on my couch since 7:30 this morning. I woke up with a sore throat and CRAZY sore from my first day of Insanity. I must have overdone it (trying to beat some of my old numbers) so I basically feel like I got hit by a truck. I don't really have time tomorrow or Friday to be sick, so I hope it goes away.

I've also chewed off three of my fingernails. I bite my nails when I'm bored.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Oh I hope you feel better cu97tiger! I hate having a sore throat. Drink lots of tea or have some chicken soup. I'm glad you were able to rest up today.

Good for you for working out yesterday, I've been sitting around all day doing pretty much nothing and I have no excuse, haha! Just lazy. I haven't eaten any more Doritos yet, so that's a plus I guess.
  • I'm eating too late (8 PM)- thus...I kinda ran out of steam. I was all..."YAY! I'm going to the gym in the morning!" And now I'm like...."Meh."

I dug out my Diet Cure book and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the supplements I'm already taking should help me with getting to a good place where I can focus on weight loss.

So I'm going to up my 5HTP a bit...to make me not hate that it's dark out when I get off work. ;)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Maybe I'll dust off my cardio pilates DVD tomorrow. I always liked it and I can start off with the 30 minute workout.

Now I'm watching Chocolat. Johnny Depp is yummy :)
  • I'm watching the Survivor Finale and cleaning during commercial breaks. I'm still trying to figure out how to "make my life work"....how do I balance working, cooking, cleaning, working out and spending time with FI and friends...

I've been meaning to watch that movie..."I don't know how she does it." Have you seen it?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • No, I haven't heard about it. What is it about?

I'd love to figure out how to "make my life work" lol. Most of the time I feel like I'm either being a lazy loser or just barely getting by. The lonelier I am, the more I feel like this. Hopefully I'll feel better and more productive after I move.

Right now I'm just counting down the days until I get to see BF :):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards