Not Engaged Yet
Options

How To Make Him Propose....

.... and hope for the best!!!!

Re: How To Make Him Propose....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, as long as they are on the same phone plan...
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:1000fda9-fb03-4113-b4e1-703e335ed5bf">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, as long as they are on the same phone plan...
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

OMG : O
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. That sounds like my dream guy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    awesome. So BF and I just need to get on the same cell phone plan and it will all work out from there?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone needs to use his spell check......
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm never leaving my Mom's cell plan. It's cheap as dirt, and I've had the same number since I was 16.
    Sorry BF, guess we'll never be official.

ETA: I pay for my phone, not my mom. Just in case that sounds bratty and childish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    scary...
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Damnit! We don't have a family cell phone plan...I knew my relationship wasn't valid.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her name is Brytni... think that is on the birth certificate?

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks the spelling of her name, Brytni, is the most disturbing part of this?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:74a57381-655d-4b01-a9bf-fa088a9e5661">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who thinks the spelling of her name, Brytni, is the most disturbing part of this?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

No I thought it is disturbing too! But it is probably like that on her birth certificate.....
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:66495b04-eadd-4476-91ab-f10723a4c894">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How To Make Him Propose.... : No I thought it is disturbing too! But it is probably like that on her birth certificate.....
    Posted by rxjen[/QUOTE]

...Which just means that the poor girl never had a chance.  We should blame her parents for her lovely choice of fiance.
  • Options
    fraycoufraycou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lord help everyone if they choose to reproduce
  • Options
    CvilleClaireCvilleClaire member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, romance. 
  • Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to take a wild guess that Brytni's mom was only 15 when she had her and thought that spelling was just the most awesomness thing eva!!  Then I'm gonna take another wild guess and say that Brytni and Landon are both 15 themselves...because true love is a shared cell phone plan. Duh!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    haha, wrkn, the BF just got a new HTC incredible (and I'm super jealous) but I refuse to get one (for the last 3 days at least) cause I don't want my daddy to have to pay an extra $30 a month for my cell phone plan...lol.

yes, I'm bratty.

Actually, my dad is still in denial that I'm moved out.  It's $10 a month, so I can't complain that much.

But yea, your post made me laugh :)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Loved all of the responses :-)
    But what about moving in together and supporting your fiance with your income alone? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg, so if we are on the same phone plan already..... we iz engaged?!?! and esp if 1 of us foots the bill?

shucks, i gotta tell my FH that we are engaged to my wonderful, amazing job that paid for our phones AND pays for our voice plan (actually, I really do love my firm... all we end up paying for is his cheapie data plan!).
  • Options
    PiSquaredPiSquared member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm all for supporting your beloved through tough times, but the whole moving in together because he can't support himself thing sends up major red flags for me. I allowed myself into a relationship like that once and it ended badly. I resented him because the relationship wasn't a partnership. It seemed like I was the one doing all of the work, including all of the financial (he couldn't hold a job) and the caretaking. Towards the end, it was more like a parent-child relationship, which was definitely not what I wanted.
  • Options
    AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:fb857002-868a-4f15-bdf5-dd90a5dec1fb">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loved all of the responses :-) But what about moving in together and supporting your fiance with your income alone? LOL
    Posted by mzm153[/QUOTE]

That's what BF did (does). He spoils me.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nothin says "I wanna spend the rest of my life with you" like a Verizon Wireless Family Plan!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Huh... and we're already on a cell plan together before getting married... that's a guarantee we'll last forever, right?
  • Options
    sweetplevsweetplev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well i would say...according to this, if you are on the same cell phone plan you are married already, Congratulations! and if they move in together they can get 1 bill, they are helping the environment, how sweet! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...and here I thought the key to getting engaged was really, really good sex.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:b2996581-3c40-4c99-944f-548d65b6d2c4">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How To Make Him Propose.... : ...Which just means that the poor girl never had a chance.  We should blame her parents for her lovely choice of fiance.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

They say people with "ethnic sounding names" are significantly less likely to be called in for an interview from sites like Monster.com, and people with ebonics names are eevn less likely.  It's a shame that a name can damn your child to a harder road.

Now, by her definition, I'd be married!  We have a joint phone plan, we have joint car insurance, all our bank accounts are joint.

Weirdest thing, too... I was filling out a survey for a purchase I made online, and it got to personal identifying characteristics (male/female, age range, etc.) and asked marital status - 1) Single, 2) Married or living with partner, 3) Separated, 4) Divorced, 5) Widowed.  I actually blinked because I've never NOT clicked "Single", but I guess by Walmart.com's definition, I'm as good as married!  I told BF, and we got a good chuckle out of it.

Anniversary

• Options
    Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:eda724c1-4627-4a2d-a198-132128430764">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How To Make Him Propose.... : I was filling out a survey for a purchase I made online, and it got to personal identifying characteristics (male/female, age range, etc.) and asked marital status - 1) Single, 2) Married or living with partner, 3) Separated, 4) Divorced, 5) Widowed.  I actually blinked because I've never NOT clicked "Single", but I guess by Walmart.com's definition, I'm as good as married!  I told BF, and we got a good chuckle out of it.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed filling out the census form this year.  Even though BF and I have been living together for several years now (well, until he moved away for school *pity me*), the census validated it somehow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_him-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2991c42a-9f8a-404d-8d9a-032e4918e8d3Post:eda724c1-4627-4a2d-a198-132128430764">Re: How To Make Him Propose....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How To Make Him Propose.... :  by her definition, I'd be married!  We have a joint phone plan,
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

Me too! I gues when the bf comes home tonight, I'll inform him we've been married for a while now!
    ♥ Couldn't Ask For More... Wouldn't Settle For Less ♥ Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let's be honest. He's marrying a girl named Brytni. I don't think either of them are winners.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards