Not Engaged Yet
Options

My NYC bachelorette party update! PIP heavy

What a GREAT weekend! Though I didn't get to meet yaga (I hope you're feeling better!), I had a fantastic time with my sister and three of my closest friends. I think the story is best told with pictures!

My friend Emma who lives here in PHX and my sister met up Friday morning and headed down to the 9/11 memorial. The museum isn't open yet, but the amazing reflecting pools/waterfalls were mezmorizing and haunting.

From there, we ate at a little Panini place that my sister and I ate at four years ago. It's good (Panini & Co, I think). Then we headed to Serendipity, the ice cream place from the movie. It was an hour and a half wait, so we put our names in, then headed to the bar down the street for a couple glasses of wine. We came back and were shown straight to our table! (Emma on right, sister Kelly in the middle, me on the left)

We headed back to the hotel, had a glass of champagne, some Domino's delivered and called it a night.

On Saturday, my other two girlfriends arrived and we headed over to see Jersey Boys.

Random shot of me with a giant Nutcracker.

The tree at Rockefeller Center. It was a ZOO trying to get anywhere near it! (We did, but I liked this shot the best).

What I wore out and about on Saturday night:

My sister surprised me by booking a private room at a Karaoke bar. We sang for 3 and a half hours and had SO MUCH FUN! Then they made me do random things like get a guy to buy me a drink, find a guy that would give me a condom, etc. It was fun without being TOO raunchy... so it was perfect!

My sister doesn't usually drink more than a glass of wine these days, so after several glasses of wine, champagne, and two shots, she was a bit tanked. We saw a McDonald's and decided we needed to eat... this is how she ended the night... :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: My NYC bachelorette party update! PIP heavy

• Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That sounds so awesome Tiger!! NYC is an amazing place. My BFF lives there and tried to go to the Rockerfeller tree lighting and said it was nuts. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHAHA I love that last shot of your sister. That is how my BFF and sister and I all felt after this weekend - like our partying days are behind us and we got hit by a truck!

That all looks so awesome! I'm glad you had such a great time :)
  • Options
    elanniselannis member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, looks like you guys had a blast!! It all sounded like so much fun! : ) I love the sash and the veil too!

How exactly do you find a guy and get him to give you a condom? lol Did you just have to go around asking different guys?
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Tiger, it looks/sounds like you had such an awesome weekend!!!! 

• Options
    jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like an awesome trip!  Glad you had fun!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you had a ton of fun!!!

That last picture of your sister is awesome.  :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nyc-bachelorette-party-update-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:2a5e35bf-afd1-4e82-a5aa-de8f2b828712Post:738be441-75c3-45a9-9189-0267a54dd2e9">Re: My NYC bachelorette party update! PIP heavy</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, looks like you guys had a blast!! It all sounded like so much fun! : ) I love the sash and the veil too!<strong> How exactly do you find a guy and get him to give you a condom? lol Did you just have to go around asking different guys?</strong>
    Posted by elannis[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, there were these little cards that had my 'tasks' on them. Keep in mind, I was wearing a veil and a sash, too. So I'd walk up, point to the card and say 'I'm getting married and I need to find someone to give me a condom!' It took three tries. My sis took a picture of me with each of the people who helped me out. Those should be funny to look at later!</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bahahaha, funny last picture- especially all of the mcdonalds in the background. Classic. haha

Looks like tons of fun!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lmao! Wow, looks like you guys had a great time, and I LOL'd at the last picture. Your poor sister, lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time and the girls really made it special for you. I'm so happy that it ended up being a great trip. I love the pic of your sister...that is so me these days. I can't handle alcohol like I used to be able to!
  • Options
    kellyt89kellyt89 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha I love the pictures! You seem like you had such a great time!

I just watched Serendipity for the very first time last week and I'm so jealous you got to go to the icecream place!!
    And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    stacybeanstacybean member
    edited December 2011
    Aww looks like so much fun, what a great place for a bachelorette party!
    Sent from my iPad - any unusual words or misspellings are due to an autocorrect incident that I may have missed.
  • Options
    MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA Great pics! I'm glad you ladies had fun. NYC is the perfect city for a girls weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That looks like so much fun!!!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahahahaaa!!!  Looks like such a fun time and I LOOOOVE the shot of your sis at the end of the night!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like such a great time.  Glad you had fun!

Anniversary

• Options
    ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Looks like you had an awesome time!  I am so glad!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!! Glad you had a great time. I would have loved to meet up with you! Oh well. Next time. :)
  • Options
    jorja86jorja86 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you had fun!! NYC this time of year is great.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_nyc-bachelorette-party-update-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:2a5e35bf-afd1-4e82-a5aa-de8f2b828712Post:10babf91-7380-42d5-a939-3030028d838a">Re: My NYC bachelorette party update! PIP heavy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My NYC bachelorette party update! PIP heavy : FI and I went to the tree last year.  Never again. Tiger - I'm glad you had a great time!  I'm sorry we couldn't meet up for coffee/lunch.  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Ditto this. I went last year with my college roommates, and it was seriously one of the worst experiences of my life. I don't do well with tons of people smushing me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards